Kenwood

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 114
is the kenwood 9201 amp good its 1700 watt class d so far i think its loud but not as loud as i thought it would be cuz i cant hook my subs to 2 ohms i dont think and if i do bridge my amp it shuts off on protect mode

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1020
sure thats the model number?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 117
its actually the 9102 and its only 850 rms... 1700 max

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1979
never heard anything good about kenwood mono amps, they tend to overheat alot and shut down. decent budget amps if you don't pay to much for it. but that amp is 2ohm stable so i don't see why you can't run it at 2ohms. what are the vc of your subs.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1024
if there d 4 you probley running it a 1 ohm.Only the Excelon amps are 1 ohm stable. and most have a hard time at that. Mine has been modified so it runs at 1 without problems, so far. yea it gets hot but hey, its kenwood.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 120
yea it never gets hot on me cuz it tends to shut down b4 i can even get to turn it up loud and i was blowing fuses b4 but i fixed that prob it was the wire shorting .... so havnt got it hott yet i have 2 kicker comp vr 10s there 4 ohm i just have them hooked up wregular..i payed 327 im taking it back if i can find the receipt for it..it was way overpriced i think

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 121
do u guys think it could be because of the fuse block in the power wire cuz it looks like the fuse has a bunch of little welding spots on it and when the amp turns off i wiggle the wire were the fuse is and it turns back on so what coukd that be from.. i have 2 gauge wiring

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2930
bad power supply= kenwood

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 128
yea this sucks i tryed taking back my amp and they said i needed the reciept and i lost it ... dam that sux now i gotta save another 350 and plus extra for a better amp when i could have had almost 350 if i would have got to take the amp back man i got riped on that amp i guess i learnd my leason

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 77
kenwood used to be good with there amps long ago
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us