Clarion DB 365 wireing

Username: Motherboard1

Post Number: 1
Im putting this in a 96 grand prix, and the Harness adaptor thing has a power antenna wire, but does my car have a power antenna?

the antenna doesnt go up and down, but does that mean its not a power antenna?

should I cut the rubber tip off of the power antenna wire (Blue) on the Head unit side, and splice it to the power antenna wire (Blue) on the Harness side? or just ignore it

Im asking cuz I got the unit installed and wired, but radio has alot of static, more than the manufactorer radio/cassete player had

and I do have the antenna adaptor in tight

Post Number: 2
and I guess while Im here, I might as well ask, whats the best method of spliceing wires when the only tools available are a knife and electrical tape?

Post Number: 5
Ok. last cry for help from me and my low end HU, before I accept everything as it is and put my dash back together, and put the tools away (currently scattered on the car floor)

My questions one more time are

Does a "power antenna" mean more than just retracting when I turn off the car ? mine doesnt do that, does this mean I dont have to bother spliceing the power antenna wires? or might this be why my radeo stations have alot of static?

2nd

If I just do the western union splice and I dont sodder, will this effect the sound quality?

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 32
i never used the power antenna wire on my HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us