If square subs didn't exist...

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 535
I have a valid question:
Hypathetically speaking, if the square subs didn't exist... which round subwoofer would take it's place (regarding it's widely known ability to produce spl). If it's not in the same rms range... it would not count.
So, what I'm asking is this: in the same rms range and spl category, which round subwoofer would hold the title if the square subs never existed? I know, I know... this is not an sq question. This pertains to loudness,spl, and rms wattage! Thanks, guys.

Keep in mind... please don't be biased on this one. If you think it's Stereo Intergrity - fine. If you think it's Power Acoustik - fine.
I respect everyone's opinion... just want to see if it's agreed upon widely or not. (Everyone has to admit the L7 is king when it comes to loudness with that much power... it just doesn't seem to qualify in my book because it's square. Know what I mean?)

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 546
Your question got me thinking this. How would a RE MT hold up against a Solo X of the same size?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7052
L5 = DD 2500
L7 = RE SX
Solo X = RE MT.....

loose translation here guys, i am not taking this too seriously(no offense to you Sean:-))

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
But, Muddy!
You see... that's the thing!!! Why is it so "not important" to make a direct translation? If people don't consider the square subs to be valid in comparison, then they should be overlooked all together. That being the case... I sure would like to know which round subs would take their place in spl ranking (#1) - except this time it would be a valid ranking AND they would obviously have MUCH better SQ!!!

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7060
then...uhhh....

use those. lol

all of the aforementioned subs have better SQ than the square subs....

i just picked subs i thought would be equal to or louder than the solo's in their RMS wattage...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2679
lol but then again i would pick those subs over the square subs any day i guess im just not seeing what your asking cause i hate square subs

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7062
hahaha....i can see where you are coming from Charlie...b/c none of us Recommend TEH square subs!:-)

but if somebody had them and wanted to change out their subs for some circular ones around the same RMS wattage...what would you recommend????

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 581
I wonder how close of a battle it would be between the MT and a Solo X.How much do the MT's cost and what are the power ratings for them?The Solo X is great for comps because of how fast you can swap out the coil/cone,if need be.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
I guess what I'm getting at is this: I had an L7... and it was pretty f,u,c,k,i,n,g loud... sq sucked... but out of all the other setups i've had... nothing bumps quite like it. Not the idmax, not the focal, not the type r's, not the old school rockford fosgate's, not the diamond audio, not the power acoustiks... nothing! Like I said, the sq sucked... so - I wanted to find out which subs would be the equivelant (bass wise and loudness) so I can get the bump I miss and the sq I want.
Get it?

Come on guys, help me out... I'm tired of buying subs that don't quite match up to my expectations.

Thanks again, guys.
Sean

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 663
Muddy, quick question about that whole solo x \ RE MT thing.... the MT does not have a cooling hole in the motor though so u cant run it all day at that power like you could the solo x so i dont know if it would match up to good, but maybe it does last i heard they didnt.... but i havtn checked up on RE in a while...

Why not just go with a 15" round one in place of the 12" square? lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7175
get a DD 3500 Sean....wangage!

i see where you are coming from John, but Meade was running 4kw to his MTs daily...so maybe they can take it.....install??? who knows...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2705
or u could just get a 9500

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1362
Sean AQ HD3, got mine runnin on 1200 watts right now and it pounds, its almost as loud as my 2 12" cvx's and has way better SQ

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3652
Upload

this thread is funny

that sub above will KILL a L7 12"

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3654
B A B Y got B A C K
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3655
square subs do have a cone area advantage, but a good round sub that is well engineered still will move alot of air. espically when u add power into the equation...

more and more companies are gonna make square subs however, Hifonics just started a few new square sub lines...
http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/subs_main.html

A circle sub will always have the better SQ.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2158
b wat subs are those and 500 shipped???

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3661
its a TREO SSX 12" in the pic dual 2 ohms new for 500 plus shippin! 800$ sub...
I also have a 15" same as this for 600 plus shippin...
valeboykid@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 392
"If square subs didn't exist..."

The landfill at finals wouldnt have been prematurely filled to capacity by by recones of these horrendous pieces of sh!t.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7236
hahahahahahaha.

for the money. it doesn't get much louder for the dollar than the square subs....but at what cost? reliability/durability/sq/reputation... lol

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 205
"If square subs didn't exist..."

Bob would have 10 years added onto his life expectancy simply from not hearing "But why don't you carry them square woofers, yo?" once in is life, ever.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7258
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

there was a guy that hung around our audioshop that always said "Yo" after everything....thanks for the recollection/laugh. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
lol
Well, the HD3 does sound nice... so does the dd3500...
which one out of all the ones mentioned will still make me happy with only 900 watts?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7416
the MAg would do nicely on 900wRMS...so would the Fi Q, or even the RL-p....but the latter wouldn't be as loud. also, the DD 2500 would do nicely.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 34
How about the MTX jack hammer,Hifonics XX-3215, both of these over power any kicker MTX jack hammer=130db, Hifonics XX-3215=135db aprox using the equation of sensitivity+10log(rms watts)

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 359
Bob, LOOOOOOOL:-)
...and why don't you have 6x9 8ways, yo?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7525
LMAO^^

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7527
hey man hey man, my boi jus got sum sick 4-ways yo, them sh1ts is bangin yo, you gots any a does???

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9630
you gots any a does...lolol

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 369
Yeah, from the yo stories, I met a guy (he said yo a lot) and he had this old Chevy Caprice with 6 10's in it, OMG, he loved the car ratteling, no Dynamat what so ever, hood install. If he'd had 2 more 10's he would absolutely put them in as well lol. He guess he thought that SPL means sh:t pressure level or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
alright, so what if i get a 2 sub setup?
what do you think muddy?
check out my new thread ok?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7559
:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us