Blowing Fuses

Bronze Member
Username: Jryan781

Post Number: 22
about a month ago the 60 amp fuse on my power wire went bad so i got a new one and everything worked fine. then today i had my music up loud and the amp shut off again. got home and used my multi-meter and the 20 amp fuse on the amp was bad. i put in a new fuse and it works fine now. but what is causing me to blow fuses? my Pyramid PB1281X amp is bridge and the subs are Dual XINBP212.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3844
but your inline fuse is find now correct? since u replaced it..

usually your blowin ur fuses because the gain is too high on the amp, making the amp work very hard. does the amp go into protect mode? (meaning the red protection light comes on)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
inline fuse works fine now. once in a while the amp will turn off while i got the music up loud, never checked the protection light though. all i would have to do is turn the car off then back on and everything would be back to normal. my amp has 4 knobs - HPF, LPF, Bass Boost, and Level. which one would i adjust to lower the gain?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2903
set your gain correctly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
which one is my gain though? the HPF, LPF, Bass Boost, or Level???

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2967
if your subs are single 4 ohm subs and you have it bridged, that is prob the biggest part of the problem, amp can not hold a 2 ohm load bridged.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Ty the speaker terminals on my sub box says "4 Ohms Nominal" does that still mean there is a 2 ohm load on the amp when it is bridge?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2972
no it is 4 ohms, if you can try a better amp.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3846
800 Watts x 2 Output @ 4 Ohms.
1600 Watts x 1 Bridged Output @ 4 Ohms

i think that package you got for the subs are dual 4. and the rms is only like 300 each if im correct. the only thing to do would be to hook it up bridged to 4 ohms on the amp (and im assuming the subs are already wired to 4 ohms) so you just need to hook the wired to the "bridged" terminals on the amp. its still too much power for them tho, meaning you need to turn ur gain down even a lil more

the "gain" is the "level" on UR amp. set it to the pre-out voltage of ur HU, and then set it a lil below that cuz ur overpowerin ur subs quite a bit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yea its 300 rms for each. the pre-out voltage of my HU is 2 volts. so where would i turn the "level" control to match the pre-out voltage?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3855
the level has a range from a small #, to a big number. it should be listed what the range is in ur manual. or even on the amp its self, right above the gain. so you need to set the level at 1 volt i would say

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 140
yea i have the same prob i was blowing fuses to when i turn my music up and it blows the fuses within les than a minute.. it sucks then i fixed thT PROB AND NOW IT JUST GOES INTO PROTECT AND SOMETIMES BLOWS THE FUSES BUT MY GAIN IS WAY DOWN... I THINK IT MIGHT BE MY POWER WIRE FUSE CUZ IT TURNS ON WHENEVER I WIGGLE IT BYE THE WIRE FUSE AND IT WILL SHUT OFF WHEN IT GETS MOVED INTO A WRONG PLACE COULD IT BE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE IT BYE THE BATTERY AND I HAVE IT BYE THE AMP?

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 65
michael u have this fused wrong it should be near the battery not a smart idea to have it near the amp. i dont think this is the problem though cause if it is blowing fuses at the amp or going into protection it seams that there is a dead short some where baybe the subs or a speaker wire touching each other

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 388
Wow.

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 80
wow what??

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 141
ohh dam i am dumb lol... i dint know if it had to be bye the battery .. but i checked if it was touching wires together somewhere by the speaker wires and i couldnt find anything wrong... so i dont know why it could be blowing them.. do u think it could be because wmy speaker terminals are all messed up and i pnly have one on the ground wire and not the power wire going to the amp it m ay be touvhing there but i dont think it is so could that be the prob?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us