Jensen VM9410 Good/Bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 25
hey i dont have a tone of money to spend but i was looking for a in-dash dvd player and i found this one on ebay. just wondering if anyone had anything to say about it Good or Bad, dont care just looking for an opinion. i know that jensen is nothing great but like i said i dont have a ton of money.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2960
I think they are terrible units, i have seen many go bad. I would save a litle more and get a new panasonic for like 570 or i would buy a factory refurb Avic n2 for like $650.

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 26
like i said i dont have a lot of money so i guess i wont be getting one anytime soon
thanks anyway

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 412
dont buy jensen. I did lol and the installer at a local shop didnt even want to install it, so i returned it. He said Jensens Dvd's are one of the worse.

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1148
I had a Dual XDVD8180 for about a week (before I was robbed) and I loved it... online for less than 400 dollars shipped..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2969
dual is the same as Jensen....very very low end and quality. I have only seen about 4 0r 5, but they all had some type of video problem. just saying if you pay 350 for a cheap unit and you have it go bad, then have to pay shipping(to and from) to get it fixed under warranty(if your lucky) you could just save up and get better quality.

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1168
ty, I know that.. if not for that I wouldn't have posted in this thread.

I never had a video problem with it.. and have never heard of the video problem except on the jensen versions.

Jensen is a division of Audiovox, so is Dual, Phase Linar (spelling?) and about a dozen+ other companies.

ty, which of the jensen/dual units have you owned?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2974
have not owned, but have installed the early version of these radios, first impression is very important. The jensens if feel had poor sound quality and had problems with dvd and the tv tuners sucked in them. The Dual had problems with the screen going black or getting wavy lines through them or the dvd player breaking. Just personal experience installing them.

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1184
Oh.. was just curious.

The early versions were first releases, though.. the newer models come equipped with upgraded parts to solve most of the problems found in earlier models.

I never liked the Jensen head units, but the Dual has an excellent display, the refresh rate is a tad slower than the Pioneer, Panasonic, and Alpine.. but those three brands, along with a handful of others, have lower resolution displays than the Dual, and the Jensen.

I personally like the displays made by Audiovox better than the ones made by Panasonic, and if I were to go out and buy another display I would sacrifice the built in SQ and buy an external DSP just to have that nice of a screen that Dual offers.

Also, my Dual unit played every kind of video/audio disc you could throw at it (minus video games, and CDG).. It played VCD, DVD-/+R/ DVD-/+RW, DVD, CD, CD-/+R, CD-/+RW and with the other brands like Pioneer the more you spend the more discs you can play in it.

I'm rambling now, so I'm going to go take a nap.. only had 4 hours last nite
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us