Hifonics 1606d overpowering Fi Q ???

Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 9
Dj from fi audio emailed me back and told me that this amp is to much for 1 15" Q. He told me that i should look at 2 15" ssd's. I've heard that this amp is overrated and only puts out about 80% of its 1600wrms. I know he's the expert, but what do you people think of this ? Is this really to much power for the 15 " Q?

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 287
i hope not, i plan to run that same setup but with 2 of each income tax time.

Bronze Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 95
Yea, scott from fi audio told me that 1200 would be pushing it... But the 1200 would be alright if I kept my gains set properly. Joe, just so you know, not all Hifonics Brutus amps only put out 80% of their rated power. You only hear about the ones who only put out the 80%... I've seen the brutus 2006d put out 2125 at 1 ohm, the 1606d do 1757 and the 1206d put out 1220 something... So It's a kind of hit or miss thing lol.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1210
iv heard of someone was running 2k to 1 Q for a few weeks and its been fine. i think that amp will be fine, its not like youll really see that much power from it anyway becasue of music being dynamic and impeadance rise plus i hear that amp is over rated like you said

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7005
i agree...

Mat Dope = 1pt.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1232
"Mat Dope = 1pt."

haha sweet