Constant Bass while deck is off..!!!

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 274
Hi guys i have alpine MRd-m300..now i installed everything correct but there is one problem is that everytime i turn off my deck, i hear constant bass frmo my subs:S I believe that the amp is not tuned may be? also i am using SPeaker level input.. (no rca's cuz its stock deck)
everytime i pull the Speaker Level Input wire it stops... Can any one tell me how the settings should be ? Or may be its the speaker level unit because earlier on this system, i never had this problem and amp wasnt even tuned up.. soo please help me.. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3504
does it only happen when the car is running?

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 275
No...it happens when the stereo is off..

So everything looks perfect.. i turn off my deck and all i hear is constant bass...

as long as the amp is powered... it happens...
I personally think it is becuase of bad tuning cuz the bass does change like the frequence as i play along with settings. and yea but when i had the amp on aftermetket deck i never had to tune it..

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 194
Don't turn the radio off. This happens with high level (speaker) inputs because in most cases you have the remote turn on wire hooked to an ignition trigger in the car, the amp never shuts off. When the radio is on but turned all the way down the amp recieves no input, or a clean signal from the radio, when the radio is off but the amp is on it recieves nothing from the input, not even a "clean" signal. Now when something happens to move the subs (you hit a bump, the air pressure changes, the winds blows, etc. etc.) they kick back towards the input stage, which amplifies the signal and sends it back out, the subs move more, and the cycle repeats.

The solution is one of two things, either don't turn off the radio, or get a high level converter that generates a turn on signal ONLY when signal is fed into it.

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 276
so you mean Line out put converter?
instead of using the WIred directly fmro speakers i buy the converter and change them into RCA's ? and it will stop? for sure?because be advised that i had amp running before with same settings its just that i messe up the settings... my buddy tuned the amp for me but yea you are right.. it sounded way better with after market and the bass is not even that loud or solid.. may be he brought it all down...

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 277
so you mean Line out put converter?
instead of using the WIred directly fmro speakers i buy the converter and change them into RCA's ? and it will stop? for sure?

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 195
::sigh::

No, I mean the turn on signal (because it stays on regardless of the condition of the deck) needs to be addressed.

Take it to a pro.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 639
Get a rca line modulator or convertor wahtever its called i had one it cleaned up the sound from when i tryed using the high inputs..(they suck lol) the rca convertor connects to the high inputs and has a little tuning piece to filter more or less power out so u can defenetly get rid of it, you will have to re tune your amp tho (getting different signal)like 15$ at bestbuy for one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us