How do you guys know how to tune your Hu's eq?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 432
How do you guys know how to tune your eq on your HU's. I mean, its the main thing that confuses the heck out of me. Do you guys do it just by ear? Is there some cd? or do you guys measure something? Just wondering. Thanks. A link to eq hu tuning would be nice if you guys have any useful ones. thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1342
me personally, i just play around with it for a while, then tune it to what sounds good to me.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 262
I just set the Microphone of the headrest and the 860 hu does the rest!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6989
lazy^^

use your ears!!!!! lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6990
here is a good idea....pic a song you are very familiar with, and go through the Hu's preset Eq's....find the one you like the best and then look at the EQ settings in the audio menu(if your HU can do this) then tweak it from there to your liking...do you want more bass, vocals, guitar, cymbals, high hats??:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6991
all going repsectively up the EQ bar^^^ for the most part, some voices are higher and some are lower...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9333
i actually have ALL my premier 860 settings almost on perfectly flat except a lil bost in upper freq & it sounds quite natural/clean ....

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 434
my 860 comes in tomarrow. And most of you seem familiar with the 860, I just want a nice clean sound. But on the 13eq band, does anyone know which one does what? like the 1st one is for.....and the 2nd one is for....? Or should it be in the owners manual when I get it. But yeah. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1130
50-80-125-200-315-500-800-1.25k-2k-3.15k-5k-8k-12.5k /Hz

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1131
oh, and it goes left to right, lowest Hz to highest Hz..

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 439
so Would the lower hz represent more of the subwoofers (lows) and as it goes higher represents the mids/highs?

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1140
The EQ works for all ouputs/speaker leads on the head unit.

The idea of a DSP is to send the appropriate tones to the appropriate speakers.. as an EXAMPLE, the subs cut off at 63, then set your mids to pickup where your subs left off, then cut your mids off at 800Hz and have your highs pickup where your mids left off.. but that's JUST an example, your EQing will talor to your liking :-) .. YOU might want to have your subs set to 50Hz, and have your mids pickup at 125Hz, depends on what kinds of sound you like.

Hope this is understandable... if not email me or PM me and I'll further explain lol

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1141
and yes, the lower HZ represent the lower tones... lowest to highest.. 50Hz - 12,500Hz (12.5k Hz)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3217
i used an RTA and some Sine sweeps. only true way unless you are just that good, to get a flat responce. playing by ears is usually good enough for most people though. if you like it, then thats good since its your car.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 470
I GET IT!!! So the eq is mainly like made for how the sound trasfers from rear to the front, aka from low to high. right? Thats what I thought you said, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1157
No.. at least that's not what ((I)) said..

The EQ is there in conjunction with the crossovers to tune specific frequencies to the appropriate speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us