Engine sound in my front speakers. please help!!!

Username: Robalan10

Post Number: 2
I had installed on my cadillac seville a sony exploid stereo with two 12" JL audio sub powered by a 4 channels rockford fosgate 600w amplifier and the sound was decent and really clear, but I just bought my Jensen vm9311 DVD player and a new 2 channels hitronic (1200watts) amp for my other speakers, well what I was trying to do was switching those amps and use the hitronic with my subwoofer and the rockford fosgate for the rest of the speakers now it sounds way louder but the problem is that I can heard like an engine noise in my front speakers did i do something wrong? or there is something to do with my new stereo please somebody help me!!

Username: Wholeeoh

Bronx, New York Bronx

Post Number: 7
I have experience this before check your ground wire make sure it's grounded correctly make sure the connector on your speakers are touching anything. What I do is wrap some black tape around the speaker connectors. Check all wires connections make sure all wire are taped up.

Good luck

Good luck.

Username: Robalan10

Post Number: 8
Thank you very much man i will take a look of that this weekend, that was very helpfull

thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Psychedelic_feta

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 26
Roberto, you can also get a ground loop isolator.

It looks like a 2 female to 2 male rca cable with a big barrel in the middle of it.

http://www.rawpower.co.uk/acatalog/altai_b070groundloopiso.jpg

This you will plug in between your unit and the amp. If the sound is really bad you can even daisy chain to of these.

It won't eliminate the problem, but reduce it to minuscule amounts.

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP Member, Yokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 543
and try to move speakers wires , RCA cables far away from the power wires...(it's help me alot to take this sh!t out)! Read more here!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us