How do i hook up neon??

Bronze Member
Username: Bigben

Post Number: 75
this is just a random question but i wanted to hook up neons with an on/off switch. how do i do it??

Silver Member
Username: Sweatyogre

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 163
I don't know anything about neons, but if it's like an amp, just put the switch on the remote on/off cable...if it has one. Otherwise I suppose the switch would just go on the positive power cable.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1175
you cant run neons off a remote wire with a relay.

you would just hook the power cable up to a power sorce in your car and ground it anywhere. have the switch on the power wire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
my freind has red neon in this truck with a on/off switch. he got it done somewhere but they charge too much. it cost him like 50 bucks

i was jsut tryin to saye some money but nvm.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 117
u can put ur own switch

like literally a switch, and put it like under ur dash or something, wire it up...i suggest googling it...im sure someone has neon hookt up 'ghetto style'

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1389
Yes, with a relay - you most certainly can run your neon off your remote wire if it's relayed. :-) Mat, why would you say you couldnt do this??

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 504
dude u can buy like a reg flip siwtch for like a couple bucks, but they do have have like the ricer nos switches and even those arent more than 10 bucks, so ur friend got screwed

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1186
seth, that was a typo wish i would have cought that, i ment to say you cant hook it up to the remote wire unless you use a relay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
my friend paid for all the installation cuz he didnt know how to do it. i jsut need to know how to run the switch and how to power them.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1392
Right on Mat, was going to say.. havnt seen you post any bad advice yet. :-) Glad to hear it was a typo.

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 60
wire the neons threw a relay and fuse it.its safer then a damn switch is. u have to be care full with this stuff b/c u could potentionaly cause a fire.
in return insurance will not cover it, if it is installed incorrectly

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 292
Here is a pretty detailed write up I did for my under dash cold cathodes. The process is basically the same for neons as far as the wiring for the switch and such. I ran a seperate fused power wire for mine just to be on the safe side but plenty of people tap into factory power wires. I took a couple of other steps you could probably leave out as well but this was the most complete and safest method in my opnion.

Bronze Member
Username: Ajr

West Mids!!.., Dudly United kingdom

Post Number: 46
Ryam mate if it got 12 volt input cig lighter gust open it up see if there too wires if yaes do this Upload

Get stuff here if from Uk

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin/category.php?sub_cat_id=52

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Plus i got a 60 pound fine because of driving with them on lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
plus i ever payed went court and done 3 days jail and it was writen off

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 435
you went ot jail for having neon in your car?
or did i read that wrong?
i got neon in my car, havent been caught yet tho

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 166
u can use the remote for the amps... through there u can add a relay to fit ur desire... easy for me. lol but jays looks good as well. its all bout gettin dem hands dirty. DIYers rule!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us