Friend needs help

Bronze Member
Username: Bigben

Post Number: 69
my friend has 2 12"kciker comps 4 ohms and a 250 RMS x 2 watt amp, cant remember the name, at 2 ohms. should he get a 4 ohm amp. if some one could please tell me how to wire them up so i can help him out. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1168
if they are SVC 4 ohm he can wire them down to 2ohm, if they are each D4 he could wire each one to two ohms and run one of each channel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
they are D4. do you have a model to show me how to wire them.

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 24
just go to crutchfield.com click on car audio and video and in the search box type wiring diagram pretty simple

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1174
my head is killing me im about to get off the computer so i dont feel like searching for a diagram. look on the12volt.com for one

or just run the + and + of the sub to 1 + channel on the amp then on that same sub run the - and - to the - channel on the amp.

then do that with the second sub and on the second channel

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2943
go to www.the12volt.com under woofer wiring, wire to a 4 ohm load...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9325
do that ^^^ or this

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
is wiring a sub to a 1 ohm load the best or does it not matte. i mean if my sub is 2 ohms and the amp supports a 1 ohm load and say a 2 ohm load should i wire it to a 1 ohm?? i dont know if that makes sense but please help??

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1198
if your amp can handel a 1ohm load and you cant wire your subs to that it is usually the best bet because with a lower impeadance most amps usually put out more power

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 411
^^^^.....yeah if your amp has for example 600RMS at 1 ohm and u can wire your subs down to 1 ohm, you should do that

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2961
you need to wire the subs up to 8 ohm then back to 4ohm bridged, ran series/parallel on that 2 channel amp bridged. or run 2ohm stereo mode.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
ok i will tell him that.

i have 2 kicker 15 L7's at 2ohms and getting a zx1500.1 amp. how should i wire my subs. how should i wire them? what are some other subs that are really really loud??

Username: Sycotickid

Post Number: 2
i have 1 15inch solo L7 and a 1200.1 amp and i wanna know how to wire it up same question just diffrent amp and only 1 sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us