Netherlands

Post Number: 34
http://www.mtxaudio.eu/article-news.php3?id_article=1014

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=5443840493814861587

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 295
My a**, so the car placed first in SQL??? NOOOOOOO it didn't, any dumb feck brand can make an SPL car, there is not much needed to do that, simply a sponsor is enough. MTX is crap over all, and when was the last time that MTX car won in an SQL category?
:-) Buy your MTX today in your local Circuit City, Walmart, Kroger or Wallgreens!!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3477
Is that yours?

Nice vehicle anyways...I hear those panda's can get some insane #'s relitivly easily. They even have the advantage over CRX's.

What freq does it peak at? And was that 151.2dB on the site from an Audiocontrol or Termlab?

W/ a little work, that thing could be in the 155+ range...even on low-ish notes.

Looks like a nice baseracer.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9309
u have 2 give credit 2 ppl who actually get off their b/utts & make a effort & $pend - looks decent on pix though .........

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2930
I would think it would be louder then that though....

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 326
Well it was Bass Race wasn't it? A tone would crush that...

Bronze Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 30
where was the mic at?legal? headrest? explain! thats a low score for legal
i mean really low

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderforce

Netherlands

Post Number: 36
Thats my car indeed.
But its not a panda, its al little bigger its a tipo.
pandas are superior to CRXs and they peak on +-70hz.
This is our panda from 2005

http://www.mtxaudio.eu/article.php3?id_article=926

This was measured with a Audiocontrol with the mic on the driver seat thats how they do it by EMMA.
On the termlab on the windschield it does 154+ on music.

The car is just builded with the standard Sledgehammer boxes, so it peaks round 50hz.

its just build for music and fun not for bass race or so, because then the box should be bigger and the vent to.

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 120
looks great, the Panda met de 4 7512's is louder.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3486
Thunder,

what is youre voltage drop like durring burps w/ those 2 stinger batts? (are those 1200's?)

also, i'm working w/ an up and coming shop in town right now and they just picked up MTX. We metered one of their customer's cars the other day w/ my TL and he did 138.2dB legal w/ 2 5500 12's in a prefab box w/ a rockford t3002. He peaked in the 60-65hz range, that his car is one that likes high-ish notes.

Those results actually surprised me. Box was tuned alil high for daily IMO, the sounded decent.

Have you got a chance to play w/ the 7500 12's in a street setup? If so, what kind of #'s have you seen from them? Vehicle? power?

thanks.

Bronze Member

Netherlands

Post Number: 37
The panda with the 4 7512s is louder because its an SPL panda, our panda was for music.

The voltage dropped to 11volts wtth 2 stinger batts.

We have had a panda with 2 7512-04s and 2 MTX 1501Ds we hit 150+ while just playing music lol.

We are now looking for a Car to house 42x MTX XT 10-04s Thats a sub build for european market
its better than a 4500 and also cheaper.

http://www.mtxaudio.eu/article.php3?id_article=1021

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 121
yep i've heard good things about the 7500's i've heard they are one of mtx best subs, that they have near the same spl as the 9500's with less power needed, what do you think Thunder? you and jacco have lot of experience with mtx products, right?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2663
i own 2 10" 7500's they get very loud i would say i would get them over the 9500's any day cause i dont think there that far behind and they dont sound all that bad at the same time

Bronze Member

Netherlands

Post Number: 38
The 7500s and 8500s are better for SPL then the 9500.
But if you want to play just music at a really high lvl you could better take the 9500s we play with 2 1501Ds on each 9515-44, those 2 1501Ds at 1ohm load on each amp they give +-4000w RMS together, then the 9500s start to come lose.
We have already broke 3 windshields

So if you want high lvl SPL take a 7500 or 8500
If jou want to play music at high lvl take the 9500.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us