Infinity or Hifonics amp? help!

Username: Rock_hard

Post Number: 8
I'm gonna be powering an 8" Kicker L5 and i need an amp. i found a couple good deals on ebay. one is an Infinity Reference 310A mono amp rated at 347watts x 1 at 2ohms. The other one is a Hifonics ZX14006 Zeus 2 channel amp rated at 400x1. Whats better quality and better sound? The Infinity is only $88 and the Hifonics is only $110.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1948
i'd take the infinity. but what's your budget cause you could do better.

Post Number: 9
I'm already in over my head! i actually just purchased an Ultimate Sound amp from canada, which is better for me cuz its free shipping and only $99. I have Ultimate speakers and tehy sound pretty good. thanks alot for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2843
Pg xenon 400.1

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 281
i have the hifonics zxi4006 running a 12" crossfire xt2 and it bangs even though the sub is rated at 1300wrms... barely gets hot with all bass up...

Bronze Member
Username: Mitymouse

Post Number: 17
I powered a pair of 12" L5's with a tsunami 1000D and it hit hard and maintained sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1717
lol. i didnt know L5s had any sq.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2877
they don't... maybe he found 1 in a million

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Funny, haha. How many L5's have you owned? Maybe you just don't know how to hook them up. I could donate my time to help the less fortunate learn car audio. If you're not to proud to except my help.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1276

quote:

I powered a pair of 12" L5's with a tsunami 1000D and it hit hard and maintained sound quality

ROFL L5's dont have any sound quality and its just one of those subs were the install doesnt matter, its just to terrible

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Like I asked, how many have you owned? You quoted me, so I should have to repeat myself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2885
DAVE how many have you owned? 2 or a 100??

They all sound bad, they get loud, maybe you forgot the SQ value.

I've never owned those subs cuz i'm more a SQ fan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Exactly my point. You've never owned them so you wouldn't know. I have owned them and gotten very good sound quality from them. Like I've stated, I don't run around recycling crap I've heard from others. So how is what you are saying fact and what I'm saying wrong?

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1289
lol they have no SQ, that statement alone proves the true magnitude of your N00Biness (awesome word i made up)

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 385
i infact have owned a 12" l5, i had it for 3 weeks, it sounded pitiful. my db drives had WAAAAAYYYY better sq. i dont think SQ is in the l5's vocab, it jus yells really loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Your so called proof has no basis. Your new word shows just how ignorant you are.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I suppose you were running one of the beloved crap amps and decks all of your buddies recommend. I could have saved you a lose on those subs and hooked them up the right way for you.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1290
dave seriously man, you have dug yourself a big enough hole as it is, why keep digging. L5's sound awful, one of the worst subs on the market unless your goal is to have something somewhat loud that has no SQ to speak of

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 388
nah man, i have a 600 dollar alpine amp, with an infinity 611a. i actully hated that amp. but it did ok. when i buy stuff i dont screw around wen i know what i want

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 389
nah man, i have a 600 dollar alpine HU, with an infinity 611a. i actully hated that amp. but it did ok. when i buy stuff i dont screw around wen i know what i want

Post Number: 10
you guys can stop posting in here. your posts are completely useless and have nothing to do with this. Dave, i completely agree with you, the Kicker sounds good. I only have an 8" and it sounds great. the others, i dont' care whether or not u think the subs sound good. what is your point exactly? why are you in here telling us the L5's sound shitty?

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1292
my proof has no basis? you said the L5's had SQ, the idiocy of that statement rivals anything i have ever seen posted on these forums from noobs like yourself

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 394
^^^^^^totally agree^^^^^^ they must have not heard real subs before.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1293
rock hard, i am here to try and save people from listening to people like dave.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
what the hell is your point? i dont' get it? do u feel better about yourself when u shoot down other peoples systems and equipment? christ, grow up man. do u think calling me, or anybody a "noob" is going to offend me? get lost and post in other threads where you can actually help someone

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1294
im not trying to put down anyone but Dave, i just hate to see good money wasted and thought i could help steer you away from bad stuff. If you would listen to me than you would realize I am actually helping but w/e good luck with your 8 inch piece of garbage, cya in a few weeks after it blows

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 396
we are helping ppl ....from listening to dave like DR.SMITHHD3 said. we arent calling jus urs sh!tty, jus kicker subs in general

Username: Robalan10

Post Number: 5
Rock hard,

I got the hifonic 1200 w. powering my two 12" JL audio sub and it rocks honestly when i bought it I wasn't expecting more because normally what you paid is what you get, but I was wrong the sound is fantastic and the bass it's now kicking my back super loud very good stuff!!

Bronze Member
Username: Cognition

Post Number: 23
Guys, if the L5 is shitty, what do you think are better 8" or 10" subs priced around $100 for SQ?

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1302
http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_Series.htm

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 348
ascendant audio assassins
http://ascendantaudio.com/

Gold Member

Post Number: 2895
These guys need a new life. I don't need to own a sub to know the way it sounds.

DR smith don't waste your time with these guys... We know the business already...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so because we disagree with you about what sounds good, you think we need a new life? i think i need degenerateto find help at a new forum...this one is filled with mouthy know-it-all morons with nothing better to do than lip people off about their equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2956
kicker "L" series subs are not the best sound quality sub, that being said, if that is a dual 4 ohm sub, i would run like the zx-300.1 or 400.1 sub and then the infinity, the hifonics is only 4 ohm stable bridged. since your using 1 sub..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
"These guys need a new life. I don't need to own a sub to know the way it sounds.

DR smith don't waste your time with these guys... We know the business already..."

Typical closed minded response. Business?!? I see the problem now. You guys view something that should be enjoyable as a business.

I've had some low-end subs that have impressed me and others with the right box, amp, vehicle, and settings. How can you judge a component you haven't experimented with? I know I can't.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1320
dude just go away lol, i have experience with L5's and they suck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
why don't you go away? this isnt' even a topic on L5s

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 406
it is about an l5 u jackass. u mentioned them yourself. maybe u should like go into hiding or something, cause ur embarassing yourself

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yeah i did...i mentioned them because i wanted to know what to POWER them with...in the AMPLIFIER forum.
i should go into hiding becausei'm embarrasing myself? infront of who? two internet forum readers? hahahaha your an idiot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2905
can you get another sub?? in case you can't just get a 500w rms amp and you're done
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us