Quick i need help

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 111
i am hooking my amp to my sub crossfire vr1000d to dd 3512. but the amp keeps cutting off at high volums, it gets loud as hell then just cuts off i turn the volume down and it comes back on. the amp dont feel hot. what could this be? i want to do it myself but i think i might be doing it wrong, please help

ps its gunna be loud as hell

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1126
sounds to me that your amp is starving for power.. have you done the big three?

also i've known setups to do this when people run too much bass boost.. IMO you should run 0 .. if the gain is set to high it can also do this .. amp is drawing too much current

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
could it be set wrong there is a level, lpf filter, subsonic filter what do i set these to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
what is the big 3?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1110
leval is the gain, you want to set that to the pre out voltage of your HU, or use a DMM to set it, refer to the page on subwoofertools.com

LPF blocks the high freq. set it to like 80-90ish

subsonic filter blocks real low freq. i think your box is 35hz? so set it at like 25 becasue you got a DD.

the big three is the electical wireing under the hood. if stock alt. just use 4 guage. or 1/0 if ever planning to upgrade your alt. its pos. bat. to pos. alt. post. then chasis to neg. bat. and engine block to chasis or bat neg. if you only have a stock alt it should improve current flow some.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
i fixed it the ground wasnt on tight enough and at high volumes it vibrated looser, its def. loud but the box is more of a sq box now im thinking of getting 2 3512's and 2 crossfire vr1000d's but im gunna have to get someone to build a box for spl for me, i think this would be super loud. only problem is i cant find anyone that has a ho alt for a 2005 malibu, any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us