And then there was plastic...

Bronze Member
Username: Blindell

Post Number: 25
A couple of weeks ago, I ripped out my old factory speakers and cd player, and installed a beautiful JVC KD-LH300, and 4 pioneer 5x7/6x8 4-way speakers. Needless to say, the pioneers RMS more than twice what my old speakers would peak at (the peak is just under 10x more), so it wasnt a pop the old ones out, pop the old ones in kind of deal.

After screwing through a bunch of cheapo speaker mounts, ripping them off, double dynamat extreming them, and rigging them back on.. I cranked it. And it was good. Kinda.

Problem:

Theres a thin sheet of plastic that covers my door between the metal frame and the plasticy door interior. This would be all fine and dandy, if it werent for several 1" diameter holes in the metal, which allow air to be pushed from behind my speaker, through these holes, rattling the plastic. That wasnt gunna fly. I whipped out my trusty utility knife and duct tape and carefully cut back the two dozen or so holes PER DOOR, and taped the edges over. The problem is, no matter how much effort I put into it, I cant seem to get every last little bit of rattle out of it.

Can I just rip this plastic off? or does it serve a purpose ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2864
if its just a trim piece, sure.. remove it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us