Not enough power?

Username: Volfenhagking1600

Post Number: 1
I have 2 12" volfenhag comp subs and 1 2400 watt amp. I would like to know if i would need a new battery and a high output alternator, caps???, or what to acheive maximum amperage.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1077
what kind of amp is it, what are the rms specs. not the max?

Post Number: 3
Its a volfenhag amp and it has 800 watts @2ohms
My headlights, interior lights both dim to the beat. And also my speedometer moves back and forth.

Post Number: 5
Its a volfenhag amp. it has 800 watts @ 2 ohms (400x2CH)My interior and headlights dim to the beat. and my speedometer moves back and forth to the beat.....

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 110
your spedometer moves with the beat????

or do you mean your voltage...somthins wrong if ur spedometer is moving lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
no... my SPEEDOMETER moves with the beat...its crazy

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1939
if your speedometer needle is moving like that sounds like it's broken and needs tightning up. and how big is your alt.?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I have 2 12" volfenhag comp subs and 1 2400 watt amp. I would like to know if i would need a new battery and a high output alternator, caps???, or what to acheive maximum amperage
Its a volfenhag amp. it has 800 watts @ 2 ohms (400x2CH)My interior and headlights dim to the beat. and my speedometer moves back and forth to the beat.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
And i forgot to add this alternator is 100 amp

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1089
what size power are you running for the amp you should be using 4 guage, also you might want to search on here and do the "big 3" that should help with current flow. if you are only running 800rms you shoulndt need a new alt. becasue your amp is class a/b it is less efficiant then a mono class D amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well this is my amp http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=ZX7190

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
and i am pushin 2 12" volfenhag competition subs at 2 ohms on that amp...i dont F|_|C|<1/\/ know anymor3e

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 111
well if you really wanna eliminate dimming of lights (to a certain extent) you should get a HO alternator... stock alts r put it in to feed the need of a stock car...not a stock car with added wattage needs

secondly, that speedometer needle shouldn't shake...lol - cuz if ur saying right, when the bass hits the needle shakes - so i can't imagine what its like when you go over bumps or somthing...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
but do i need an ho alternator so my car doesnt die or fry?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us