Specs

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 392
To power my stock speakers, what kind of amp should i look for. How many channels, RMS to each ohm. 2 ohm, 4 ohm? Can anyone help me out with any of these questions, thank you

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1001
in most cases a basic small 4 ch w/no more than 50w rms per channel would be more than enough if you're keeping the stock speakers. However, some stock speakers have unusual impedances - most common would be 4 ohms, but I've seen 2 ohm stock speakers, and I've seen 10 - and I know there are others...it would help to know what they are.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 394
all i know about my speakers are that they are Bose

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 249
Ya! you never know what the stock speakers are, I pulled a system out of a vette that had a bose 16 ohm speaker set up! It had a little bitty amp that I turned into a headphone amp for my little bro. Sounds great for headphone but real bad with car speakers! lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2920
you have to pull from door and look at back of speaker. Honestly, i do not think the sound will be any better if not worse, the bose system is meant to work together.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2811
^^^^

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 397
ok decided to leave my system alone for a little bit, just going to enjoy it for mayby a month or two then worry about getting new components or coaxials and amp them thanks for the help anyway

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 496
Get a good head unit and you'll be fine.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 402
i have the 680 premier installed

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2927
i have an 03 max with Bose and just put a Alpine 9857 unit, sounds really good and until i blow a speaker, i will not change the system out. sometimes changing form a Bose system people get disappointed, the sound is def not the same. to me it is two completely different sounds, less basy with the mids and highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us