Eclipse 220-Watt 6x9" 4-Way Car Speakers any good?

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 102
Eclipse 220-Watt 6x9" 4-Way Car Speakers is this a good or ok brand? They are going to be replacing my cheap a** lightning audio 6x9's. I'm wondering if they will be a difference in sound quality. Here are some specs...75 watts RMS: Make sure to get speakers that match your amp's wattage output or they could be damaged. These high-grade speakers can handle up to 75 watts RMS.

Super tweeter: This high-frequency tweeter allows you to reproduce sounds up to 40kHz. Tweeter protection technology eliminates the chance of overloads to keep your highs sounding crisp and clean.

Three-way design: These speakers are designed to create a full spectrum of sound. A hybrid woofer creates the lows, a solid aluminum dome handles the midrange and a super tweeter produces the high notes--perfect for those who want everything in one clean package.

Hybrid mica cone: The hybrid mica cone ensures distortion-free performance. The Kapton voice coil former can handle a large amount of heat without changing shape, maintaining the integrity of sound throughout even the longest jam sessions.

Variable crossover: A crossover makes sure that each part of the speaker plays only the frequencies assigned to it. By keeping the tweeter from trying to reproduce low tones and vice versa, you get much greater overall sound quality and extend the life of your speakers

Yes they will be amp'd but with 4 other speakers coming off a 400w 200RMS 2ch amp. I just brought these also for my 4x6's...did i get the right ones, or should i have went higher? Bass Blockers-High Pass Crossover Speakers Filter 100Hz

Currently this is how my system is set up...2 4x6's in the dash, 2 5 1/2's in the front, (brought wrong size was supposed to get 6 1/2's...will that make a diff? and 2 6x9's in the back, with 2 subs in the trunk. All the speakers are running off my 2ch amp. 2 spkrs per channel ++-- Should i take my 4x6's and run them off my HU so they don't blow? somehow they are connected to my front speakers. my subs are cheap but do they job, running off my cheap but good audiobahn amp. Hope i didn't lose anyone thanks oh yeah i also have walmart bass blockers on my front speakers, should i take them off to get some midbass? they are sony's, yeah i know not the greatest my 4x6's are pioneer

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6695
yes they will sound better then lightning audio. 6x9's in general don't have the greatest SQ do to their design. Make sure you are not running your amp at to low of a impedence with all those speakers running off of it. Good luck man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
thanks and i hope i'm not my amp did turn off a few times but i'm not sure if it's b/c of the impedence or the wire gauge, it's 10g on a 400w amp

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6708
if it turned off a few times it's prob going into protection. that's not a good thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
well i found out why it was turning off, i definitely know better but i had the wire just between my battery post with no fuse. I still need to get a fuse, but i moved it and wrapped it around the battery screw and now it doesn't turn off at all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us