Box building question

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 389
As some of you know I'm still in the process of building my box.yes....sadly its been like 3 days since. But I decided to do some more things to my box to make it more sturdy and so forth. Have the braces but. Steve Meade used this resin stuff? on his box to make it really hard and sturdy, anyone know about this? I wanted to cover up the inside with resin can someone help me =). Or any other type of product there is would be appreciated. Thanks once again.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 946
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-664668.html ?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 392
OHH I understand now, Fiberglass risin, interesting. Can I get this stuff at home depot?
I plan on doing what Steve Meade did, which was poor some on a 90degree angle and tip the box and let it dry, then do the same with the rest, and last brush it on the box itself. Thanks Mick.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1075
you can get it at any automotive store.. or even wal-mart. depending on the box size you might need more than a gallon.. i had a 4cubic foot box and i used a 2quart and it only covered 1 layer

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 950
Really?! did I actually help? because I had NO idea what you were talking about, haha!

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 951
I mean, I somewhat knew.. but had no idea it was actually fiberglass resin he used :P

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 393
well after reading the link, people said they used fiberglass resin on the inside of their boxes. some were talking about the things I wanted to try out. I thought you read it thats why you posted it. So I thought you knew what I needed to hear. yep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us