What does this mean?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigben

Post Number: 22
what if i have 2 subs what does it mean if it says 1500 WRMS x 1 at 2 ohms. does that mean that it will push 1500 wrms to both subs or will it only be half cuz its 2 subs? thanks to anyone that can help.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 314
1500 to both of them. which means 750 a piece. what subs do you have????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
well im gettin 2 15L7's.... i was usin that as an example.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 315
oh got ya. how much u got to spend all together???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i dunno around like 1,000 give or take. the subs are like 500 tho so i only have like 500 or so for an amp,.what would be a good choice for an amp that i wont have to buy like a new battery for and stuff. i dont have money to spend on that.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 321
well if I were you I would get some audioques or some fi's, www.ficaraudio.com www.audioque.com

and i would look at the SD2 or SD2.5 for the AQ and the FI, would look at the X and maybe the next step up, but if you get the SD2 or FI X, it would be easier to power, sound better, and be cheaper for an amp and subs.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 322
or you could be prolly the only person in your town with a fi SSD 18" subwoofer. its only 250 or so with shipping and handles 800watts rms which wouldnt be bad for your electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2902
a 1500w amp will prob be underpowering those subs a bit. they are 1000w rms.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2754
don't get l7s

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 352
wow, thats alot of threads... about the same thing... i used to do the same thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
so if i bought a 18" Fi then would i still need all that stuff so my battery doesnt die??

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 685
you could prob get away with running it off ur stock alt if you are not always blasting the volume and it depends on what size ur stock alt it...like Trevor said its only 800rms so u might be fine with a stock alt, theres onyl one way to truly find out hook it up and if the lights dim turn it down till u get a h/o alt and new bat/big 3....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
do you think that it would be as loud as other subs?? i know its a 18 but there are other subs that have more wattage?? i dont really know alot about this so thanks for you comments.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 687
sure power means alot in how loud a sub will get but with the right enclosure and set up you can take the 800rms and make it seem like much more power, im no expert the other guys on here will help u out with box desining and postioning but jsut alittle story i have a 1994 ford probe(no longer drive it) but it had one 12(mmats 250 rms) being fed by 180rms(peice of cr@p PA amp) in a bandpass box(i know eveyone hates bandpass lol) and the thing pounded louder then then my buddies 3 audiobahn alum12q with an old school rockford amp pushing 1600rms @ .5 ohms jsut alittle story on how install/box and even the car matter...hope that helps...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
thanks alot...i have a friend that has 2 15 inch L5s and he only have like 550 watts to each sub and his bangs hard as hell... also my other friend had 2 15 inch jl audio w3 and it was pushed by a 100 watt amp. it was amazing then someone stole it cuz his dumbass never got a car alam and left his door unlocked during spring break. haha but i never heard anything as loud as hist tho

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 399
look into the subwoofers everyone recommended and you'll make quite a few people jealous =).

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2776
you can get a 160A alt and is not that expensive, 250-300$ range

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6688
if your going to get a 160 you might as well prepare for upgrades in the future and spring for the 200 if they make it. It wont be a huge difference in price and is well worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us