Mustang speakers

Username: Beb1112

Post Number: 1
I am looking to buy my son some new speakers for his 04 Mustang. His HU is a Kenwood KDC - MP4032 and he has a Kenwood powered sub. Intially he will be powering the speakers off the HU, eventually going to an amp. He likes his music loud with a lot of bass. What would be good speakers in the $200 - $300 price range, either for front and back or just front (from what I read this would be the way to go)?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2903
well internal speakers were not meant for alot of bass, for midrange and highs.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 915
I really like my Polk DB6500's, but I'm pretty sure your son's car will take a different size... most likely they'll be coaxils as well where as I have components.

In any even, go to your local Circuit City and check out the Polk DB series and let me know what you think :-)

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 260
yeah, polk makes good speakers. mb quart also, not sure on prices for mb quart, but the sound quality from them is not dissapointing...

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 593
I have a set of eD 6500's and the eD NINe.2x amp for sale for 290+shipping. Actually came out of my mustang when i sold it. Equipment used for little over 2months. email me at mr_kebo@hotmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Drwang

Santa cruz, Ca

Post Number: 42
speaker size is 6x8 because i have the same mustang. what i did was convert the 6x8 to 5.25" with an adapter($10) and added foam to seal it, then i put in JL vr525 coaxials. Just strip the wires and solder the original wires to the new speakers if you're running of HU. Otherwise wiring for the amp is well worth the time and makes a world difference because I've tried both and the amp makes the difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Drwang

Santa cruz, Ca

Post Number: 43
i kind of dodged your question haha.
I recommend the polk momos because those actually produce decent bass if installed correctly and powered correctly. you can listen to them at a local store before purchasing, and make sure you get an amp that provides the recommended power for the speakers. good luck

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 357
I have 6X8s in my ford F-150 and I used some squares of 1/2'' MDF to make my own 6.5 component adapters.

If your going component I reccomend some Diamond Audio D6 6.5 on ebay for about 180$ shipped. If you want to splurge you could buy some real nice Diamond Audio HEX components for around 250$ shipped. If you want it to be easier you can get some infinity kappa 6X8s for about 150$ shipped that will get extremely loud.

The infinitys are more efficient will be better off the headunits power. However, when amped the Diamonds will be far superior.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us