3 amps 1 remote wire question

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 372
I have 3 wires and 1 remote turn on wire. I heard somewhere, forgot where, that I need a relay? anyone done this, I really don't want to run one wire from one amp to the next, I want a safe efficient method. If so, what kind of relay, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 238
Just a Bosch 12 volt 4 or 5 contact relay is all you'll need.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 254
where do you run the remote wire to? the back of the deck or is there a better place when the key is turned?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3191
you can pick up a relay at your local Radio Shack or on partsexpress. i've just used the REM lead and split it into 3 leads to turn on 3 amps back when i had my all JL system and had no problems.

the remote wire comes from the back of the HU and goes to each amp to turn it on when the system turns on. its best to use the HU's REM wire but you can hook run it from a switched ACC slot on your fuse box instead.

Bronze Member
Username: Tinytruck

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 15
i have a relay runnibg both of my hifonics amps and it does fine but i never really noticed a difference from straight wire being splicedd 3 times to running a relay but people say it is good to use a relay, something about smoother turnon is what i heard but i did not really notice a difference?

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 29
JL with a remote turn on? I thought JL had auto-sensing signal inputs so the amp would turn on automatically?

Does it still have the REM?

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1377
Thing about running a wire back to multiple amps, is you can blow the remote output on your deck, it's not meant to handle much power output at all.

What I do (but I have my neon lighting, and six amplifiers on mine) is use a simple switch, from a 12v source, (switch is permanent in my console now, drilled a hole for it) then run the output from it back to a dist block to everything that needs the remote turnon.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 243
Relay. After you buy one, look here to wire it.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1070
ok then on 87 you can run mulitple wires off of it?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 250
Yes, i had the SSX 1500's, the 75.4, the 75.2, and the voltage gauges power, from that very same source.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 21
that pic is very useful renegadesrun gonna have to save that on my HD lol.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2815
nice diagram
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us