Help building box for camaro...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 252
in the backseat...

so my friends got a 2000 camaro and hes set on building a ported box tuned more for spl for his new modded 15" crystal cmpx. he wants the box built on the passenger side. his backseat is already completely removed and is ready to build. anyone got any experience with this? i was thinking maybe just going down where the bucket seat dips down several inches, just kinda build it to all the curves. there is a spot that comes up with holes in it and room under it enough to get a nut in there to bolt it down to it...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1498
why does he just build a box and put it in the trunk with the sub firing in the cabin?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1499
doesnt*

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1069
camaro is a hatch so to say . lol.. the trunk is small but if built right you can fit a 15" in there.. but if hes stuck to doing it in the back seat i would recommend just building a platform to set a regular square box on.. then build panels to cover gaps. The problem with building a box to fit all those gabs is for one finding port volume and for two a possiblity of create port turbulence..I would build a box 4^3 after displacement tunde to 35hz.. this gives him a little of both worlds but if he wants strickly SPL I'd start tuning around 38-39hz.. if he wants to compete it will take a while to find the right frequency to tune that box to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us