Moved speakers and stereo to different car, now no bass

Username: Emburz

Post Number: 1
I had a good enough sound in my old car, my pioneer speakers sounded fine with enough bass for me. They are in boxes, and now I moved the pioneer stereo and the speakers into another car, and there is basically no bass now. The 4" speakers up front have way more bass then the two back speakers. Like I said they sounded great in the old car, same speakers, same stereo. Any ideas on what's going wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 176
Sounds like you wired them mechanically out of phase. Try fading left and right and see if the bass drops out when on center, if so you have them mechanically out of phase (positive and negative leads are reversed.)

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 916
^^Agreed.. but if that's not it, it might be the acoustics of your vehicle. Maybe the newer car is bigger than your old one? This would cause the speakers to sound smaller and/or have lower bass response.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 275
I have seen situations where 1 10W6V2 sounded louder than 2 12W6V2's. BOTH systems powered with Zapco (one was C2K and other was the older competition model, Z i think), BOTH were running sealed, both systems got signal from Alpine, I was shocked to see that. Well, the car with 1 10W6V2 was an Acura Integra hatch, but the car with 2x12W6V2 was an old Cutlass, so it was some what bigger than the Integra, it made a huge difference.

Post Number: 2
That would make sense to me, but the thing that still makes me wonder, is that my little 4 inch speakers up front are putting out more bass than my back speakers. I put my hand on them and the 4" speakers are obviously kicking more. The back speakers are 6x9 pioneers, i'm not sure what model off the top of my head, I bought them in 2001 sometime.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 280
6x9's are bad by concept, get adapters and install 6.5's. High end speaker manufacturers don't even bother making oval speakers, that speaks for itself.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for all the info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us