How would this sound

samschoice
Unregistered guest
Right now my van has nothing in it(stereowise). i literally mean nothing..nada..zip..not even a head unit. so as you can probably figure im going to redo it all. After reading a lot of these threads it seems that alpine has the head unit of choice. But im not sure which product to get. Also i wasnt going to put any 6x9's or bass components in it.. besides, of course, the subs. Would this sound alright? I mean i will probably get either 4 or 6 6'1/2's to put around in the van. Also i was thinking about either a jbl 1200.1 or a kickerkx 600.1, simply because they're the same price. As for subs if i get the kicker i will put some 12'compvr or maybe even some adire subs. if i get the jbl i'll defiently get adire subs. My main queston is..how would this sound. Have you ever heard of anybody using component speakers just for acoustics? And would the subs provide enough clean sounding bass to compliment the acoustics? This is really just an idea and i havent bought anything yet. And i dont know if i should buy another ampp for the components or run them straight off the head unit. Im open to suggestions but i dont have a monstrous amount of money to spend. So...any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2785
try 6.5" separates in front, and coaxials in back so as not to destroy your front stage or imaging.
the amp and subs sounds good.
head unit sounds good. pick the one that fits your needs from www.alpine1.com then find a street price fo rthat model.

sounds like the start of a good system

samschoice
Unregistered guest
what would you go for? the kicker or the jbl? the jbl has more wattage but no subsonic filter, right? Do i necessarily need a subsonic filter?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 550
you dont need subsonic filter if your subs are going to be sealed (i would put shivas in a 1.75 cF sealed box), only if theyre going to be vented so dont worry there if you're going to get shivas

and the JBL has double the wattage for about the same price as the KX600.1, probly even quite a bit less

samschoice
Unregistered guest
also... what kind of components/coaxials should i go for? And should i get a seperate amp for them or just run them off my head unit?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2802
you could add an FMOD 20Hz subsonic filter to the JBL for about $20, too. that'd solve the problem with a ported box and JBL amp.

a 4 channel amp is a better solution for components than the ehad unit, but its a matter of money really. Do you want to spend it for the better setup.

for components, take a look at CDT
www.thezeb.com

samschoice
Unregistered guest
whats another brand of good components. The cdt's are kinda out of my price range,

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 133
the cl-61 components arent too bad, price wise. only ones cheaper might be the infinity reference components. not sure if ur gonna find separates cheaper than $150
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us