Possible for a Stock HU to sound good?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 540
I am buying a 06 impala soon and i dont want to change the HU if i dont have to, is it possible to keep good signal from this with like a rca modulater and a eq. maybe? and some line drivers? Its a 06 Impala SS with the upgraded sound system already.. so it is prolly a halfway decent hu i would think... do they come with a rca maybe ::crosses fingers:: i never seen one that did but i havnt seen a stock HU from any car newer then like 02 or so

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3174
JL Cleansweep or Rockford three.sixty.

i doubt a stock unit will have rca outputs.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4812
There hasn't been a stock head unit made to date with RCA outputs, no questions asked.

Change the head unit...stock is pure crap unless you've paid 3k+ for it as an option alone.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 561
:-( looks like i go with indash dvd then most likly... i will probally still try the modulator\line driver\eq. idea still.. the system that is in it is the extra package it was like 900$~ extra i think.. also sterring wheel music controls wont work if i change HU :-(

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 890
If you go pioneer or alpine, they make adaptors so you can use the stock steeringwheel controls for the audio

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 600
But will the 6disc cd changer work still to?>

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 986
Probably not.. unless you can find a way to wire an FM modulator with a controller into it.. or hardwire it into the correct cd changer plug for your aftermarket head unit (but I don't know if that would work because usually every wire is a switching wire in the harness and doesn't control a specific function).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us