Seriously.. someone help me :-( please!

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 845
I really need to pick a head unit out, I'm looking at the Panasonic CQ-VD6503U.. even if you haven't personally used it, please, what do you think of it? I need to know about the RCA voltage.. it says 2v RMS not MAX.. pretty good, eh? I think the deh-p860mp was 3.5v RMS and it has amazing control over the subs :-)

ANY help is appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 532
from what i heard the p860 is a damn good unit everyone that has one falls in love with it.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 847
I fell in love with it, and then I sold it... then I bought a 960mp, and sold it, then I bought a dual xdvd8180 and got robbed (at gunpoint might I add) and now I'm using an alpine cde7856 and NEED something better :-(

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 533
What about the JVC KD-G820 am i the only who used it? I feel in love with this thing and never hear anyone talk about it.. has anybody used one of these things??? and i would say get the p860mp over panasonic..

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 848
the panasonic listed above is an audio/video unit, though..not just a head unit..

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 235
what about this one seems to have all the bells and whistles.. http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P880PRS-CD-MP3-PLAYER-REMOTE-BONUS_W0QQi temZ300032741818QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 849
I like the 880prs, but it has a tiny screen.. if I could get ahold of a 885mp that'd be sweet!

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 850
what about the alpine cda-9853 ??

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 852
DEH-P90HDD pioneer premier

anybody know where I can find one?!?!

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 863
>.< bump!~

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 308
refer to your post in headunits section. i posted u an answer

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 30
hey killa thats the same hu i use i love it. esp. the usb input in the front. great hu.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 887
JVC KD-G820 only has 2v max sub output, and it only has a 3 band parametric EQ built in..

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3194
i had a Panasonic flip out touch screen HU before and it was a night and day difference between it and my Alpine CDA-9813 or Premier 880PRS. the Panasonic sounded awful!!

i can't vouch for the particular model you are looking at though.

the Pioneer 860 is a great unit, but its been replaced by the newer line of stuff. check out MO's post about selling his 860 on the HU section. i posted some links to specs on it. it has 6V Pre Outs btw.

if you got around $330, i'd reccomend the Premier 880PRS.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 897
I'm thinking about going with the Premier P9 combo.. not sure yet.. thanks for the heads up on the panaonic head units, though.

I think the 880PRS has a tiny inadaquate (spelling?) screen.. which isn't the deal breaking.. but in my dash, where it would be located, that screen would be extremely hard to read.

I do miss my 860, might get that one again in a bit until I can get the P9 combo..

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2898
mick i can get you the 90hdd, it is 400 delivered, brand new. hard to find I ran one, it is a great unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 63
eclipse head units are good

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3197
Mick, go for the P9 or Alpine's H701 combo, go fully active and you'll be in heaven :-) (if you know how to use all that stuff, haha)

but to be honest, unless you are gonna go active, i wouldn't spend the money for either of the above combos.

i don't have a problem with the screen on my 880PRS. and being that its black and white, its easy to read too btw.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 901
I actually wen't up to order the P9 combo, but they say it can take up to 6-8 weeks because it's "special order" and I can't get it anywhere else because it's such a great price where I go (950 for the pair) so I asked him to order the set up for me and he did, said they'll call me when it gets in.

I ordered the JVC KD-AR5500 for use for now.. it looks like a pretty sweet unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us