AGU fuses...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 241
my amp has 2 80 amp fuses, and i have a distrubution block with 2 30 amp fuses, i need to change one that runs to a smaller amp to 40 but is there an agu fuse closer to 160 amp than the highest i could find online which is 100 amp...

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
can anyone direct me to an agu fuse over 140 amp?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3454
all i ever see is 100a AGU's.

you may wanna go to ANL's.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1372
I think marshall is right, the biggest AGU fuse they make is a 100A.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
yeah, i guess so, just my new amp rack is already almost completely done and it has the distribution block already mounted with holes for all the wires and i never even thought about them not making big agu fuses... i would pop 100 amp fuses left and right prolly... its a hifonics bxi1606d amp at 1 ohm...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3455
no...put the a 100A AGU in line w/ the BXi.

You prolly wont pop the fuse unless you run a steady tone (sinewave) to the amp for a long time. A fuse wont just pop as soon as its rated current passes through it. It takes time for the fuse to blow. It literally has to melt. That means current + time = blown fuse.

For daily driving, you should be just fine. If it does start blowing 100A fuses...you will prolly have to swap to ANL fuse holders. (you should be Ok w/ the 100A though)

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
thank you very much marshall, i was going to scrap the block, i will run it for awhile as is, thanks again, i didnt know all that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us