Big 3?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 319
hey everyone i plan on buying an atleast 1600wrms @2ohms amp and might even go up to 2000wrms @2ohms. and i know im getting a h/o alt. but i couldnt find one on ebay for my truck :-(... so can anyone recomend one off the internet. or can my local shop get me one from somewhere??? and i doubt i will play my system with the car off and if i do. it wont be for long periods... so will i need another batt... and im also upgrading to 1/0 gauge wire from 4awg. and bought a 2farad cap. umm i also have about 250watts going to my mids and highs on top of the 1600-2000. so if i need anything besides an h/o alternator and bigger wire please tell me before i mess up my new FI's

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3777
alternatators:

iraggi alternators off ebay
www.excessiveamperage.com (although i would prefer iraggi off ebay)

no you wont need another batt, if you plan on runnin ur system wit ur car off.

how big of alternator are you gettin? cause i would get around a 225a alt to be safe and happy :-)

and no, just upgrade the big three with 0/1 awg wires from batt pos to alternator, battery to ground, alt to ground

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 321
what??? i have to run wires to my alt??? i thought i would just plug the alt in place of the old one and go... i guess not... can my stereo shop do it for me??

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 323
im just going to buy the amp i want and let my stereo shop install it all

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3782
you can. but some people can do their big 3 upgrade in like 10-15 min. its not hard at all.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 327
ok well ill just put it this way. i know my stuff. but i cant install it... i can hook it up but i dont run wires and junk like that...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3786
y not? its simple.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 328
i always feel like im going to mess something up. and i dont want it on me... lol... like i dont have a problem wiring woofers or ne thing like that. but running power, and grounding.. im sure i could.. but have never tried

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3794
its not hard. really

your over looking the fact that its just replacing 3 wires, where the already have ground spots (for the batt to ground

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 329
true. well i cant find an iraggi alt on ebay for my 2004 f150 4.6L v-8. idk what im going to do.... its all good ... still gotta get an amp first...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3798
yea. but really. its simple. everyone o this forum just does it themselves.. it doesnt take long, and ou wont screw anything up. since your neg batt is un-connected

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1143
Chase I can show you how to install if you want.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3800
do you have his car?

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1144
about 20 miles from it.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3802
lol. O.

your a nice friend if you will drive 20 miles for him :-) :-)

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1151
dont even know him, but i like installing stuff. i finish my install and then i have nothing to do. then i sell vehicle and install new system. i really need to get a life, huh?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 362
MUHAHAHA. Maybe. I feel the same, I need a life also. =).

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 332
yeah ive got one problem tho... i cant decide on an amp.. those crossfire amps look really nice.. im gonna make a call 2maro and see if theyre pricey or not...

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 88
you guys should come to stillwater and all 3 of us can do it together :D

i dont have my HO yet but big 3ing early isnt gunna hrut anything :D

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 333
i plan on buying my cap and 1/0 gauge wire sometime this week. i think if i get a big enough amp, that i will accept 1/0 gauge wire. and if it doesnt. then ill get a distro block. but i think it will... ive got it down to 5 brands of amps. Soundstream, Orion, Crossfire, US Amp, Rockford Fosgate?????

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1168
Those crossfire amps are sweet. How many watts are you looking for and at what load?

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 337
my fi's are 800wrms each they are dual 2 ohm subs and i have two of them. so i was looking for about a 2000wrms amp @ohms. cuase you can only wire them to 8,2,.5 ohms... im loving the crossfire with 2000wrms @2ohms. that matches perfectly...i jus dont wanna spend of 9 for an amp but i dont wanna buy a cheap a$s 200 dollar one either.. i like to have nice stuff thats why i dropped the for the FI's

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1173
i'm using the kx2500. its two ohm stable and is a very nice amp. you need a big alternator though. if you only need 1600 watts then go for the orion 2000 watt.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 345
i called a guy today for a crossfire vr2000d and he just sent two to get repaired and he is selling me one for 850. the speaker terminals got messed up somehow and he sent it back to crossfire. and its from an audio shop so its all good. they are a licensed cf dealer

Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 7
If you still need and H/O alternator call Wrangler Northwest Power Products in Portland, I dont know there number. But I know that some people can make H/O but only on the top end, they make theres put out on the top end and the low end. I know that they will have a H/O for any vehicle you can think of.

The downfall is that they can be expensive but quality and performance costs.

A friend of mine is a police officer and they tried about ten different manufacturers of alternators before they went to Wrangler. Theirs are the only ones that would ouptut the most and last.

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 361
hmmm thanks man, ill call them. shipping will be a b!tch cause im in southern oklahoma. but i want to spend money once, you know what i mean?? i want nice stuff now, and not have something go boom in like 3 weeks, so might as well spring for it all right?

Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 9
Yeah I hear ya, that is exaclty what I did. I couldnt find a good alternator for my 92 Acura until I called them and they had one that ran me about $600 for parts and shipping. Plus they back it with a warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us