Box mods

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 338
ok im building a new box and i wanna know how to get the most out of it... so i got 2 questions.. will having the subs up and the ports back make it louder and how do i put fiberglass resin on it??? also any other suggestions are welcom!! thanks

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1048
brace it well so it don't flex.. as far as resin .. just brush it on in layers.. get a lot of cheap paint brushes and wear gloves..

as far as the port/sub question.. depends on the vehicle

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 339
its a 92 cadillac deville

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1056
i would do the sub/port on the same plane sealed off in the trunk and firing into the cabin.. if you could.. if not its all trial and error.. i could suggest something that does not work at all but it might work in another.. ive never done anything with that model car ..

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 99
when applying resin just mix the hardener, and have fun applying it on the inside... make sure to use braces. if im lazy( which is extremely rare or if i have the runs....) i mix a huge batch and pour it on the inside. i then flip the box so that it flows in what ever direction... saves money on brushes too! LOL it all depends on STYLE. (ur style that is...) DIYers rule!!!

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1057
can't do that down here in the texas heat.. resin will harder before you flip the box :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us