New system on a budget

Username: Xslothx

Post Number: 5
i have a ford escape and am looking to install a new system. don't know much about subs or amps. any help would be appreciated. i have a budget of about 600 buks. i was thinking about 2 12" subs and a mono amp. no clue what head unit i want. i listen to my mp3 player mostly so if there is a way i can hook it up to the head unit it would be great.

JJ
Unregistered guest
i would try 2 kicker CVR12-4 's and a kicker KX450.2. as for the head unit i would go with a clarion or a eclipse. go to this site to check out prices.

http://www.acaraudio.com/

Anonymous

I'd get two Adire Audio Shiva's, $125 each. JBL 600.1, $219 at www.sounddomain.com. Leaves you $130, you will have to save up a little for a head unit with an input jack, but you'll be happier in the long run than if you went skimp on the subs and amp. Don't forget the box, wiring kit, either. If you get it at the same time, you'll probably have to skimp out and get cheaper stuff, The adire audio shivas will make you more than happy.

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 12
ok well this is what i would go with..

subs & box - http://www.audiohype.com/detail.aspx?ID=45 - $279.99

amp - http://www.audiohype.com/detail.aspx?ID=28 - $215.99

head unit - http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I= 130DEHP460&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search= - $179.99

and the wiring kit - http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=711&I=2 11PS4BI&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=street+wires - $69.99

this is a nice setup..will pound nice..clear crisp sound..wont breakdown..long lasting..alot of people hate audiobahn products..but as an owner of some audiobahn subs i can honestly say they are nice..havnt failed me yet..

so its a audiobahn box w/ neon light, two 12s [400rms watt each], and an audiobahn amp that will power them nicely..

the headunit is pioneer...nice choice...my boy has one and it works nice...its a cd/mp3/wma combo player pack...so you can make mp3 cds off your comp and play them...they hold like bout 150 songs or so...and or plus it has the AUX input jacks so you can just plug your mp3 player right into it...your choice...

you'll need a little bit of extra cash for it..like 100 more or so but its worth it...

and ignore the audiobahn haters

Anonymous

PLEASE do not listen to James he does not know what he is talking about he just likes looks. and i really do not think you would be happy if you waste your money on audiobahn. Trust me I i have been a MECP certified installer for 9 years if you can't trust me then you surely do not want to trust him.

Anonymous

Audiobahn is CRAP. 2nd, you will not get "Clean, Crisp Sound" out of a bandpass box like that. I've seen MANY Audiobahn subs break down to shreds, many at their rated RMS power. I'd definately listen to the guy above and get the Shiva's, you won't find a better deal for your budget, and the Shiva's will POUND, while retaining excellent sound quality, something Audiobahn has yet to accomplish. When one guy says "Just ignore the Audiobahn Haters" then 5 more jump on Audiobahn calling them crap, you have to be suspicious.

Anonymous

He'd rather pay 750+ for Audiobahn when he could get Shiva's cheaper, and a decent amp? hahahaKey words: They haven't failed you YET. Don't worry, they'll give out sooner or later.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 19
acutally

you can get a 1600 watt 2 channel boss chaos amp for around 150

700x2 rms @ 2 ohm load

now boss might make crappy subs/speakers

but they do make great amps...believe that

Anonymous

James you need to stop telling people to get junk just cause you like that cheap S**t. Over 20 other people on this site say not to get that kind of junk. please give these people a break. But on the other hand i see why you THINK you know so much now you are 19 years old and people like me that has been in car audio for years don't know anything huh. you will learn more about car audio as you get older then you will understand why people say to stay away from crap like Boss and all the other cheap brands you know you always get what you pay so try and keep that in mind when you tell someone to get this are get that. Peace

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 22
im not saying you or other people on here dont know anything..

i just notice alot of hate going on..

ive had my boss ripper 595 amp for almost a year [august will be 1yr] and it performs well, so until it messes up on me i can honestly say boss makes reliable amps...

i guess i will see in the long run..

Clay
Unregistered guest
James if your happy with your system then the hell with what others think of it as long as your happy i have a complete boss system and i see where your coming from i have had it for 2 1/2 years and no problems yet which i don't try to be a bad@ss and try to show everyone one what i got i guess that is why i still have it i think it just all depends on the wiring and person that uses the system

Anonymous

James, The point is this guy may want a little more for his money spent than just a system that "does the job" Boss amps may push electricity out, but factory amps do too. At least factory systems are honest. You're recommending crap to people on many different threads and if we didn't jump on your Audiobahn and Boss CRAP then everyone on this site might end up with your sh*t system. The point is that someone up top that actually knows something about car audio recommended a system for less money than yours and it'll blow Audiobahns out of the water, for a lot longer at that. I don't even know why you post on this forum at all because everytime you recommend a system, it's Audiobahn crap and 30 people jump on it telling them NOT to listen to you. Colin, the Shivas and 600.1 are your best bet. PLEASE do not go near Audiobahn and Boss, go to any product review of Audiobahn and Boss and you'll see unhappy people.

Post Number: 7
will the 600.1 be enough for 2 shivas or do i need the 1200.1. because the rms rating for 4ohms for the 1200.1 match the shivas whereas the 600.1 4 ohm rms is much less than the shiva rms.

Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 7
well, at thezeb.com you can get a kicker kx400.1 for $220. that's what i'm planning on getting when i build my next system. and you can look other places to find a kicker s10L5 for less than $130. then you can save up a little and spend $200-300 on a good head unit, and about $200 on some good speakers to replace the factory ones, and there you have a solid reliable system.

BenniMac
Unregistered guest
What about Ultimate amps? Do they suck?

Anonymous

Ultimate are not the best. Colin, The JBl 600.1 is 220 on www.sounddomain.com and it puts out way more than the kx400.1, not knocking the Kicker, I have the KX 550.3, Kicker makes solid amps, but if he wants two shivas, which are plain out awesome, he needs the power. The 1200.1 is too much for the Shivas, Colin, the 650 RMS rating is thermal, it only takes 300-400 RMS to push them to max excursion.

Post Number: 8
thanks man u just saved me round 100 buks!!

Anonymous

No problem. Hope you enjoy the Shivas. The enclosure, for future reference, if you go sealed, get a box that's about 1.4-1.5 cu ft. per sub, 2.8-3 cu ft total for two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us