What should be here?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1297
When replacing big factory radio's, with a smaller cd player sometimes there will be a gap between the cd player and the rest of the dash. What should I get if I were to replace this Upload with a new smaller hu to fill those gaps?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 803
is that an 01 acura cl?!

you need a stereo installation kit.. or sometimes referred to as a stereo trim kit.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 804
ebay item number 320033600590 has everything you'll need.. if that's a CL

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3158
getting creative fills thoes gaps. an install kit usually just leaves a slot at the bottom where you really can't put anything. you could get an EQ or Volt Meter or back lit logo something and put it there. almost anything you want.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1298
thanks mick, thats what im looking for. i dont think i really want to get too creative yet because i know i would just mess things up so ill stick with that dash kit. and yeah thats a 01 cl but i plan to get a 99 tl but they have the same dash.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 824
Anytime, Matt!

Brandon, that gap on the bottom is a cubby :-O

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3164
i know, but its pretty useless.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 834
The one in my dash has two slots for a couple of cd's... but I dont use it. I might get the remote bass for my xtant x1001 and mount it in there :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3173
i want to find a good, accurate volt meter and mount there in my car. the 880PRS has one built in, but its not accurate at all. i thought about an Epic160, but have since went to SQ setups and that'd be pointless now, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 388
i drilled out the back of the cubby just enough to fit my ipod adapter wire. So all i have in there is my ipod connected to the adapter from the back, looks nice dont have to have a long white wire laying around in the car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us