For the people who run multiple batteries

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 355
What do you guys do? I know about the fusing part, but do you guys use battery isolators or do you guys connect all batteries together? Like front + to batt 2 + then batt 2 + to batt 3 +? And then ground the extra two batteries to the car chassis? Thanks if anyone can give me any input. I have one red top in the front and two odyssey batts for the back.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6043
i went + to + and - to -.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 503
i did the same as chad.. no isolater.. u dont want to do it in series or your voltage is gunna be high (+ from one batt to - on other battery) you will fry almost every amp on the market, maybe all of them but i think i seen a 24V amp somwhere

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 504
i did the same as chad.. no isolater.. u dont want to do it in series or your voltage is gunna be high (+ from one batt to - on other battery) you will fry almost every amp on the market, maybe all of them but i think i seen a 24V amp somwhere.. with 3 batterys in series you would have 36V~ give or take a volt depending on batterys.. by going + + and - - you are just supplying it with reinforcments, more amps and longer supply of power..

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 192
No isolator.

If you dont wire it this way, they will charge in an overflow, instead of a "bank".

Ground the front batt to frame AND the rear batt. Same frame rail please. Diagrams of how to do so will be linked to below.

My ghetto rodeo install, and wiring diagram are here.

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8192

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6048
cool. ima take care of that this weekend. nice diagram man. :-) my trunk battery isn't grounded to the chasis. its just from the - from the front. i should ground it also to the chasis.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 200
Yes, you should.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2021
if u have a renegadesrun its better to run an extra 0 gauge wire to the battery - and keep the connection to the frame it will help ur voltage to stay and not to drop like hell plus ull have a better ground

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1873
ive always wondered..
if u have a shitty starter batt
and then u have lets say a yellow top in the back
will tht affect the HO alt in ne way...
shitty starter batt=HO alt fries????

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5680
For optimal setting, you SHOULD get some kind of isolator. This will insure that your car will ALWAYS have enough power left for starting.
If you connect 2 or more batteries, make sure they're identical in size.
Picture C and D sized batteries in parallel. You would never do that. Same theory applies with car batteries.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 211
I ran the Rodeo for 2 years with no alt and 3 Kinetiks, then 4. Driving to and from comps, even long distances. Daily driving. PLUS competing.

No isolator. Didnt need one. No alt.

Never dead.

Moral? Watch your voltage. Well that and newer Rodeo's have no room for large case alts.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 212
x2 for running the exact same batteries.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2022
not u never get an insulator why the insulator its a terrible thing because make your voltage drops and who wants that??? if u dont beilve ask iraggi alternator every high output alternator that u get from them they tell u not to use insulator ask others like excessive amperage if u dont beilve me

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1880
an isolator not insulator i think u mean

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 523
isolater = easiest way to explain.... say u have power supply a and power supply b, both they both charge from power supply ALT (the alternator) A being the battery under your hood, and B being any battery running your system, A is just like a completely new circuit that has not connection to power supply B's output, A and B are seperate outputs on different circuits, so when you system kills all your power from bumping with the car off... the starter battery will still be completely charged..

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 359
Thanks for everyones reply. But I did understand the Isolator setup. But I also wanted to know other ways I can do it. I never play with my car off anyways. The only time I play my system is when I drive. But I might consider entering a few competitions to try to atleast get some trophys =).

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3180
check the details on whatever comp class you are thinking about getting into. there are battery restrictions for every class.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us