Sony xplod or JL w7?

lips
Unregistered guest
i dont know which one to choose, the sony looks so much better what do you think?

Dean
Unregistered guest
JL, sony is all looks, they suck balls

Yeah I said It
Unregistered guest
seriously, how could you even compare the two? Sony could never be anywhere close to the league JL is in. For real though, go with JL.

Username: Ride287

Post Number: 1
sony is good in just about everything they do, except car audio...they really are ridiculously horrible...except for their headunits...

robert J
Unregistered guest
The JL's are prob the best most people will ever get there hands on, if you want to be like the rest of the people out there that just want a bump, then get sony injoy all of the dostorsion. but if you want true car audio then get JL.

NO I DON'T OWN JL EQUETMENT, THEY ARE JUST SELL REALLY GOOD STUFF.

sure_13
Unregistered guest
ok seriously how is anyone even smart enough to find this webpage if they dont even know JL vs. a sony???? What is the world coming to? I mean, i know we are all here to help each other out, but you gotta at least know the basics!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2773
troll

lips
Unregistered guest
i bought the sony's, heck they looked so good but they dont sound as good as i thought they would, any advice on tweeking my amp? ive got a 200w peak power per channel pyramid amp (2ch).

Anonymous

sony rules!!!

-a lil guy from the lbc bumping a pinto.

Dean
Unregistered guest
ya, turn the amp and deck on all the way until the xplod explodes

Anonymous

Sony subs and a Pyramid amp? How in the HELL could you afford a W7 and push it with any power at all? There is no tweeking, You have to face the fact that the Sonys suck, and live with it. Sony and Jl are two TOTALLY different ends of the spectrum, and no, you don't buy a sub for looks if you're any bit serious about car audio.

Jacksmith
Unregistered guest
Sony sucks in the car audio industry...JL w7 is the best sub out and can handle as much power as u can give it...there's no compare that JL is the best and "Ahead of the Curve"

Anonymous

I wouldn't say JL is the best, I've heard many subs that would slap a W7 twice in Sound Quality. JL is definately up there, but there are others that sound better, Image Dynamics, Adire Audio Brahma, etc.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
JL audio are leagues ahead of sony, i used to have a sony amp but i gave it to my boyfriend to put in his jeep wrangler
jay

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 43
jay is g@y

Username: Nameyourpoison

Socorro, New mexico Usa

Post Number: 5
whatever dude image dynamics and adire audio brahma are some ghetto a$s subs that use paper cones. I guess you been shooping at flee markets and pawn shops for you car audio.Im getting 2 jl w7s next month and know im never gonna have to upgrade because their the f%^cking best sounding subs on the market.

Username: Fragtek

Haymarket, VA USA

Post Number: 1
scott,

there is no doubt that JL makes one helluva nice sub, especially when we go diving into the new w7 series subs.... I also will have to agree that there are a few other subs on the market that thump harder and reproduce better sound. One of those subs being the new Orion H2 series. I got a chance to listen to them side by side and the Orion was a louder more clean sub for 1-200 hundred bux less.

Joey
Unregistered guest
Whatever Scott. Brahmas are some of the best out there.

Username: Nameyourpoison

Socorro, New mexico Usa

Post Number: 6
see this guy matt knows what hes talking about.I have been too 8 car audio competitions in the last 2 years and i have never seen a car with brahmas or image.Only the pros use the best like orion and jl.If i didnt already own one jl 1000/1 and a jl 450/4 and two pairs of jl components and three eclipse 12s then i would have bought everything orion.Becasue the h2 series is so sick.

Anonymous

Go ahead and spend your money. JL is good, I never denied that, but there is the misconception that they're the best (there really is none) when there are equal or better subs out there.

Unregistered guest
Opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one.

Anonymous

next to mtx rfl. jl w7 is best. then the h2 orion.
actually i own jls an wish i would of known about the h2's before i bought them cause they are nice and not many ppl have em.
though i cant honestly believe you guys leave the mtx rfl out just because there expensive dont mean there not the best.... i remember when they came out jeez 2 out of 2 competitions they won right off the bat.... o by the way sony xplods suck hard... just think walmart sells em....

Haymarket, VA USA

Post Number: 2
No one said that the MTX RFL wasn't a great sub, but it's not on the top of my list for competition winning sound right now.

I'm actually interested in hearing a couple of the new Fosgate Type RF subs attached to one of the new onster Power 3000w amps... They should boom pretty darn good!

Anonymous

JL's use polypropelyne, Adire uses Kevlar injected Paper, ID's are composite, Eclipse are titanium. Paper cones are nice because they respond well, Kevlar strengthens it w/o the added weight. Titanium also is very nice.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
JL's suck compared to many other subs on the market, yes they are good but MTX 9500 are better as well as pioneer premiers and Alpine type X

KennySmokesCrack
Unregistered guest
Kenny you must smoke some strong CRACK............
And how could this idiot even compare SONY to JL what a dumb@$$. There is never no way not in a million years that SONY will EVER EVER EVER compare to JL. anyone that says different is just plain @$$ stupid.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hey kenny... contact me jayamaroirocz28@yahoo.com
i can sell you what you need bro

Username: Jayj

Post Number: 10
yeah RIP him OFF huh you G@Y f*cker

Haymarket, VA USA

Post Number: 3
Kenny,

You my friend are retarded... Now I will put in a good word for the Alpine's, but trying to say that MTX' and Pioneer's are better than JL's is some crazy talk!

Anonymous

SONY EXPLDS RULE, IM GONA BLAST YOU ALL AWAY..................

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 42
you can blast yourself away if you like, il send you the cash for a gun, go on treat yourself you ignorant €unt

Anonymous

NO THNK YOU

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well feck off then you feckin retard, if you think sony rules then you dont know sh'it you ignorant €unt, and i should know ive got one of their amps (xmd1000p5) and i cant wait to get rid of it and get somthing worth having

Kenny
Unregistered guest
Well you guys obviously dont know shyt either b/c pioneer premier subs have the world SPL record and MTX 9500 sound better than W7. There is a stereo shop here that sells a lot of W7 and the first competition there was the winner was 2 MTX 9500s, third place was 4 13W7 so you can believe what you want but i heard it for myself. So once again JL subs are nice ill give ya that, but definetly not top of the line in SPL or SQ, and not to mention they cost a fortune.

Anonymous

no they don't you idiot. Kicker holds it. NOT Pioneer. Oh yeah and once again leave the damn CRACK alone.

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
no a guy in a white f250 with a topper with 9 pioneer premires holds the current world record. he was pushing like 115,000 watts and hit 173.3

Anonymous

wow those pieces of sh!ts had to have that much power just to hit THAT??????????

Kenny
Unregistered guest
Yeah thats right, finally somebody who knows what they are talking about. Whos on crack now anon. and next time get your story straight before you try to tell other people about it.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
and how can you say just to hit THAT, its the world record

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 47
Yeah, Premier holds it. Once you get to that high SPL, the air just won't move like it will in anything below the 160-170 range. That's why you need so much power. Not many systems will hit that with less power. It's physics.

Anonymous

Anonymous

I would take JL any day over those f*cked up pieces of crap. I buy systems so I can still have my hearing. Db Drags are stupid anyway who wants to spend 100,000 just to blow the sh!t up. And Kenny I still think you smoke to much CRACK.

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 15
http://www.soundoff.org/legrec.htm

Kenny
Unregistered guest
2076_15019826_56825958%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0 ,,2076_15019826_56825958,00.html

Kenny
Unregistered guest
that link doesnt work but just go to pioneerelectronics.com

Anonymous

you rockin it up tonight kenny?

Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 7
and of yourse not to forget europes best SQ sub ever made, the "phase linear 12 si " which is by the way ultra-flat

....and here probably the best way to integrate it into any convertible and still enjoy nearly the whole frequency band while roof is open.
well I have to admit it looks kinda cheap with that new age mesh in a timeless porsche beauty...

it's that flat that it nearly doesn't bother you under the glove box....

Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 8
also I have to bring up a beatiful SPL sub to complete. this one was voted 2nd place in sub of the year 2003 in germany. the famous "ground zero GZNW12" nuclear series. this gets any car go convertible !!!

Username: Jeanious2004

Texas USA

NO WAY can you compare a Sony Explod to a JL. Any JL will beat the biggest Sony Explod. JL Audio is the best EVER. Audiobahn is weak and cheap.

JL NEVER NEVER list their peak power. They always list their RMS power. Which if a JL sub is 300Watts RMS, means the peak is atleast 3X more the RMS. The JL 12W7 is 600-700watts RMS, which makes it a REAL AUTHENTIC 2000watts peak.

AudioBahn lists their peak power, which is always fake. A audiobahn that is 1000watt peak, is more like 500 watts peak. They lie TOO MUCH.

Derk
Unregistered guest
Pioneer kicks A$$!!!

Keny's not on crack, "they hold the world record".
The rest of you are on crack.

The name "Sony's Explod" sums up what they are. "A pice of SHlT."

Kenny
Unregistered guest
Derk has the right idea for sure, But ricardo like i said earlier JL audio is not the best sub ever, there are at least five other subs that are louder and at least a couple that have better SQ. Ill say it again, JL makes good subs, just not the best.

Anonymous

Kenny and like I said before leave the crack alone. You are trying to tell people JL isn't good. And you don't even know how the he!! to hook up a remote wire on a amp. It REALLY sounds like you know alot. NOT............

Kenny
Unregistered guest
I know how to hook up the remote wire, i did it the way you are supposed to, it didnt work so i asked for help which is what this site is for not telling people they are on crack. And i didnt say JL wasnt good i said they are not the best, especially for the price. Yes W7s are good subs if you are prepared to spend $1200 on subs alone, but there are plenty of subs on the market now that are just as good if not better then JLs for half the price.

G'ed Up
Unregistered guest
AUDIOBAHN IS THE BEST!! YOU SEE THAT S*IT ON THAT MTV SHOW? THATS NICE SON

Dman
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know about HSU Research subs and if so does anyone have a link to a site with a review?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 115
Audiobahn is all looks. You're watching a show endorsed by Audioblah and Bazooka bass tubes. Better than stock, but not the best by any means. You only see them on the show anyway. I've heard many of them and can tell you they sound like a strangled cat and break down very quickly. There are also many better looking cars on the road than those that come from that shop.

Anonymous

I am lookin for a good 18 inch sub.. help me

Anonymous

I HAVE A 2001 FORD CROWN VITORIA. THESE TRUNKS GO DEEP. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I WANT A BUMPING BUT SQ SYTEM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
how much do you want to spend?

Username: Mac1

I have to agree with the majority here that the only thing that sony Xplodes are good for are paper weights (which I wouldn't even use them for that). I could use some help from some of you JL fans out there, I have about 450 dollars to put into subs and I was wondering if 2 10" JL 10W6 would sound better then 3 Alpine type S's. Im lookin for bass that can slit my hair and great lows. I listen to rap and rock if that helps. Any suggestions for amps would be nice too! One more question, do JL's have a rubber or foam surround?

JLFan
Unregistered guest
yeah mac I do believe the 2 jls would do it. As long as you give them a lot of power. A JBL 600.1 should do the trick. And I thinking they have rubber surrounds but not going to say they do not sure.

3KickerComp12s
Unregistered guest
Whoever says Sony is better than JL should be slapped! Sony is all looks. JL is looks and competition power at the same time. 2 JL 8's could over power 2 Sony xplod 12's. If your'e lookin for power in any size and you want it cheap get a Kicker Comp 12" they put out all the power you need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
sony... all looks? there not even that!

Anonymous

GERMAN GUY!!! is that your car??? how did you get a car over there with the steering wheel on the left?? i'm not that stupid. either that's not your car in the pictures, or you're not german.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
anonymous.... you realy ARE THAT STUPID! in germany they drive on the wrong side of the road (the right) so there cars are left hand drive...
you are a thick twat my friend

Anonymous

To Cainer..
less than 4 or 5 k
Give me some ideas

Anonymous

That includes components, a head unit, neons, and maybe rims

Anonymous

and subs and a box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts