Just got my first system...have alot of ?S

Username: Ajsmith9008

Post Number: 3
Alright i'm new so if i screw this up dont get on me...I just got 06 dual 12" solo baric L5s already in the kicker enclosure for 172.50+ shipping on e bay... is the kicker enclosure good...i talked to some guy at circuit city and he said something was wrong with the size of the new enclosures or something?? and the other thing was every1 has said you can make solo barics loud if everythings right with them so is the enclosure alright...if no can u suggest a cheap box 30-50$ that will work better...

next the amp...what kind of rms wattage do i want for them the rms on each sub is 600 watts and i was thinking about a 1500 watt mono 2 ohm amp...

install...every1 has said the install is what really matters can you name off...not give me sites to...give me a list of everything i'm going to need with the set up... and what i need to tell the people installing it to make sure its going to work well

also anything else you guys think i need to know i'm really new to this and need alot of help

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1042
whats your budget for everything

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1902
cheap box for $30-50, build it yourself or shell out more for a custom made one. don't know what box you bought so can't tell if it's crappy.

what are the vc of your subs, dual 2 or 4ohm? if dual 4 get a mono amp that'll do 1200-1300wrms at 1ohm. if dual two, get a mono that'll do the same at 2ohm.

also, depending on your car, you might need to upgrade your charging system.

also, why l5? no offense but not the best choice. they tend to blow very easily, even without giving them the recommended rms.

Post Number: 4
#1 i bought them because its a 700 dollar set at circuit city for like 1/5 the price so i figure if i dont lik ethem after a couple months i'll sell them on ebay or to a friend for more...i have a 2002 acura tl-type s will i need to upgrade my charging system...

if i were to sell them on e bay whats the max i could sell them for...and not trying to be an @s$ but please dont leave bullshit answers like 10$ could i get 300$

for the amp could some1 suggest an amp around 200$ or so

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 538
memphis prd1000.1
$280...puts out 1000wrms+

Username: Tinytruck

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 3
hey man listen i had L5's and they kicked @$$ so lets not rog on kicker. for your amp go with hifonics. they make a 1500 watt 1 ohm stable amp and it will run you about 189.00-229.00. as for your charging system dont get a new alternator if on tight budget , you dont need it . go buy a 1 or 2 farad capacitor and you will be fine. are you mechanically apt? if so check out " www.mfr-eng.com they have a program that will show you how to build a box for the L5 and holy crap it will pound. good luck man. any questions just email me : driver4wb@yahoo.com...

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 4
hey man listen i had L5's and they kicked @$$ so lets not rog on kicker. for your amp go with hifonics. they make a 1500 watt 1 ohm stable amp and it will run you about 189.00-229.00. as for your charging system dont get a new alternator if on tight budget , you dont need it . go buy a 1 or 2 farad capacitor and you will be fine. are you mechanically apt? if so check out " www.mfr-eng.com they have a program that will show you how to build a box for the L5 and holy crap it will pound. good luck man. any questions just email me : driver4wb@yahoo.com...!

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1086
caps are not an alternative to a HO alt

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 5
shoot if you are on a budget they are bro . and for 1500 watts there is no sense in rebuilding an alternator. this guy is new lets get him started. however i do agree with you a cap is not the ultimate answer but it will work especially for that little of power!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1894
okay one---just cause the sub cost 700 a set doesnt mean jack sh!t...TWO sell the l5 right now brand new and make a profit...THREE buy:
FI
RE
TREO
audioque
TC sounds
DD
atomic

and then get a HO alt for a 300 from nate or irragi

and then ur set after u figure out wut amp ur buying...

caps will only work if u have a HO alt if
not ur pretty much fucked
CAP DONT NOT:
make ur system louder
CAPS DO:
mask the fact tht ur STOCK alt is dieing!!!!!

next Hifonics is alright BUT tend to be OVERRATED

stick to brands like:
JBL
PG
Soundstream(even tho im skeptical bout thier rating)
RF power series only!
JL
Elemental designs

and then ull be set......
once u REBUY every thing get back on and ask bout an enclosure
REMEMEBER

a so called great system is:
10% equipment(sub, amp, speakers)
90% install(box ect..)

also get ur self a decent HU b4 nething else ull notice a very drastic difference

Gold Member

Post Number: 1895
if u cant do it right the 1st time wuts the point??

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 6
that is big money stuff are you trying to win nopi or what. i do like the 10% equipment 90%install it is cute. bro just get started then build from there thats what i did and so far it has worked.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3761
yea. there are a bunch more amps you can stick wit also. i rec. selling that stuff, and then gettin a good overall sub. and with 1500 rms, you are going to need an upgraded alt, an HO alt.

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 7
ok is the guy who asked the question still here? didnt he say 600 rms sub? and i say 1500 watt amp? peak not rms bro!!! aight aaron look all these guys are correct but you need to decide how much you want to INVEST in this system and go from there. do your own research then its trial and error when it comes to building a box. listen to us but you need to build your own system based on what you like and can afford.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3762
why would you say peak. peak = nothing in car audio

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 9
damn are we trying to help this guy. peak simply assists in helping the consumer try to match amp to speakers. Bassman i do way to much of this s*it for anyone to try and tell me i dont know what the fu*k im talking about. You need to go back and read car audio for fu*king idiots.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 280
haha, if you knew what the fu*k you were talking about then you would know that you dont use peak ratings to match amps to speakers. Only rms ratings.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3763
haha. dam man. you need to watch your mouth. if you knew anything you wouldnt say " peak simply assists in helping the consumer try to match amp to speakers" haha lmao. looks like ur the one who needs to go back to readin the books. so don ever tell me to go back and read car audio NOOB.

peak numbers = nothing in car audio, theres ur first sentence of reading. :-) :-) :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1899
THE FUNNY THING IS
u think u no sumthing!

Upload

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3764
lol. well, hes a noob

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1091
michael you are a noob, i reccomend you hang out on here and READ, stop POSTING for a while until you no a little bit, if you do alot of this like you said then i feel bad for those you have helped, mmkay pumpkin

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3765

quote:

Bassman i do way to much of this s*it for anyone to try and tell me i dont know what the fu*k im talking about. You need to go back and read car audio for fu*king idiots.

im still laughing at that comment

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 10
ok lets get fu*king technical technically you have to matchup Rms,peak and ohm load ..

since yall are all so friekin smart what does :
Vas,or Zn stand for. give you a hint look in your owners manual.

This sheat is a waste of my time peace

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 490
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1900
zn is the nominal impedence(resistance for an idiot like u) of a speaker
and VAS is the acoustic volume which has the same compliance of the speaker(HENCE THE NAME.....volume of acoustic suspension)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3768
lol. no, you dont match the peak with anything.. sry man.

all it is, is rms and ohm load on the amp.

haha, and why would you ask us to define vas and zn, lol

that picture above says it all

Gold Member

Post Number: 1902
owners manual???
who the f*ck needs one..
u realize a amplifier never reaches its peak power
like the ones tht say....4000 peak power
wen in actuality it only puts out 500rms
PA sh!t ect.

tht is merely marketing device to get the beginners of car audio to buy sumthing.....

the only thing u want is the rms or thermal rating...also please stop posting
and read this
www.bcae1.com

Bronze Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 92
hey michael0 1faggon! suck my left nut

Post Number: 8
alright well my mom pretty much bought them for me and i'd feel shitty if i just sold them so i'm keeping them for a little bit and i said dual 12s not 1 so the rms is 1200 not 600 the item # is (06ds12L5-2) my alternator is like 120...i honestly dont wanna spend alot of money and no i couldnt build a new alternator or whatever i need to do... so will i be able to run 1200 watts on that alt or not...

i'm waiting for a dvd hu from my mom and really dont wanna spend 100 dollars for nothing

if i were to sell the subs what could i get on e bay for them

and will some1 check the box out that comes with it and tell me if it's alright
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us