Port Question

Bronze Member
Username: Bayrent88

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 44
me and my cousin are entering a spl competition this weekend but don't have a box built yet. i know this might be a dumb question but does it matter where you put the port. does it have to be on the same wall as the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1022
it does not have to but normally that yields the best results but of course it depends on the vehicle.. its all a matter of trial and error but if you let everyone know what type of vehicle i'm sure someome has experienced with a design that worked well for it

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2006
well u can built a crx box man, but ull need aero ports a crx box its a box with the subs up and port back gives you the most db's as posibble u can built a box that its the most comon a 29x29x19 with subs up and ports back the ports have to be aeroports 4 4" aeroports that are 12 inch long each this box will get u on the low- to high 140's or more if u know how to install

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6001
what kinda car is it going in?

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 80
try facing the subs to the right side of the end of the vehicle... use aero ports facing directly to the back... give about 4-6 inches clearance from the rear wall of the vehicle so u can maximize the effectiveness of the aero ports... have to know the vehicle though and i might be able to change those plans.... muah ha ha ha! DIYers rule!!

Bronze Member

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 47
alright heres what i got...
99 ford explorer
4 kicker 15" L7 (ya..i know yall don't like um)
i have enough room back there to build a 12 cu ft box...
yalls input on what to tune the box and where to put the port will be greatly appreciated

Bronze Member

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 48
anyone have any ideas

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6046
subs up and the port firing back. tune it to 40hz with around 150 sq inches of port.

Bronze Member

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 50
how deep into the box do i go with the port

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 248
4 15" l7s will be loud if you got enough power, imo they are awesome spl subs, i agree with chad on the design also... you should do good if you have enough time to get it all in there... good luck...

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 113
4 15's hmmmmm.... chad's got it! ( dammit i thought u were gonna use 2...) lol

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1497
subs up..ports back..thats how its done:-)lol

Bronze Member

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 51
well...i talked to kicker today and they told me 160sq in port..19.5 deep...they also said the same thing yall said port facing back...the only thing is that the box is all the way agianst my back door...so what should i do...put the port facing the front or what..if i do that i can fold my seats down...how would that sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us