Good amps

Bronze Member
Username: Rtyauch301

Post Number: 27
i need a 1000 watt 1 ohm stable amp i dont wand anything super expensive but i dont want something thats going 2 crapout on me if anyone knows any let me know

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1640
budget?

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 246
http://cgi.ebay.com/CROSSFIRE-VR1000D-1000D-MONO-AMP-AMPLIFIER-SUB-1000_W0QQitem Z200034150031QQihZ010QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1421
Talk to Mick on here, he has an Xtant x1001 that he want's to sell. It is rated 1000 wrms @ 1 ohm. However, when it is ran @ 1 ohm, it is severly underrated, it really does like 1500+. So you might not need that much power.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 98
ed nine.1 is $315 shipped...but thats 1200 @ 1ohm

comes w/ 3 year warranty

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 83
the amp benny boy posted is a great amp and that is a great price im hooking one of those up to my dd 3512 2morrow

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2814
i'm with andrew, ED nine 1 would be the best for the warranty

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 254
Buy a CrossFire and you wont need a warranty, Elemental Designs is total junk! unless your looking to make a bunch of noise and have no need for SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
one of my friends offered to sell me a legacy ice 2000 watt 2 channel amp from his dads shop for $70 is that an alright amp or should i spend the money on a crossfire

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 255
One third the price. if your broke? buy it! If quality is important, spend more on the CF.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
yea broke just bought a car short on cash but the amp i hav isnt enough

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 368
arent crossfire amps reallllllly expensive

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 256
If it works, you've got nothing to lose! Use it ontil a few more checks come than buy what you really want. When it comes time to sell it, you may make money on the deal.

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 257
Most good stuff is reallllllly expensive if bought new at list price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
well its not list pricee but its new his dad owns a audio shop and hes just really giving it at cost if not looseing himselfe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
or i could get the pyramid for about 10 more but i dont think it would be much better

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 493
Tim

How much for the crossfire amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
US $214.05

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 361
I dont know what you can spend but i have a memphis MC-1000D amp i can sell you for $300. It is 1100rms at 1 ohm. Memphis makes some of the best amps out there.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1116
tim pyrimid and legacy are crap amps, crossfire would be better then those

Bronze Member
Username: Miles_hood

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 34
try the MA audio hk1998 great amp puts out 1200wrms only cost around $200

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1121
no dont go MA they are overrated and cheaply built

Gold Member

Post Number: 2827
Benny Boy i really think you're crazy! Ed nine 1 is a good amp and amps don't have SQ like that, an amplifier just amplifies a wave! The ED has a good power supply and that's what matters and the other thing is clipping...

You can use a 400w rms from profile and 400w rms from PG and the output will be the same, no difference. The thing would be durability and built quality...

Silver Member

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 261
juliob, I am crazy, this does not make me wrong!

There are a few different ways to amplify music. Bi-Polar, Mosfet, Darrlington array, tubes and digital. Plus different class types such as A, AB, D and others. All of these sound different. Two amps with the same design using different grades of parts will sound different. The high grade parts will drift less and stay linear at a wider heat range. The low grade parts will not stay linear will widely change there spec when hot and will distort more. You get what you pay for! Folks dont refie there homes and buy Zapco amps because they look cool, thay buy Zapco because they sound better!

You maybe right about ED amps. I look at them and I see Junk! I dont see a amp making company, I see a marketing company(slapping there name on run of the mill amps).

This is just my opinion! I could be wrong and it wont be the first or last time I am.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2851
Many amp classes but that doesn't makes a nine 1 a bad amp. Fix that hehe lol.

We all know "you get what you pay for" But the difference in output won't be as high as you think, maybe they'll sound equal. But the durability/quality is the difference. I told you an example^^^^there.

Remember the THD on class D amps... you can't notice the difference between 0.1 and 0.10... But if you're comparing ED to ZApco of course every brand is going to be awful.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

NE, Ohio United states

Post Number: 691
i too am against elemental designs. i have too many friends that have had bad experience with them that they will never see any of my money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us