Crossover or y adapter???

Username: Lakers6902

San bernardino, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 6
Hey everyone, im thinking of getting 2 audiobahn 10'' dvc subs heres the link if u wanna see http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8871&qp=0&oid=77176&m= 1 and i was wondering the amp i have, its a multichannel amp and the input thers 2 inputs, and where the speakers connect theres 2 sets, one for gain 1 i think its called, and another set for gain 2 (im not sure if its called gain or set i forgot, ha) and wen i get these subs i wanted to hook them up with 4 ohms with independent wiring, so each one gets its own channel, so in all ima be using 4 channels and my amp is a 4 channel amp in case u are wondeirng. anyways with that stuff said my main question is can i just use 2 Y Adapters (one y adapter 1 male to 2 females, and another y adapters 1 female to 2 males) i was gonna use the y adapter on my original audio cables running from my radio and just do the y adapter thing so i get 2 pre-outs and connect em to my amp instead of buying a crossover. will this work or will my sound sound jacked up? and also can i use dual voice coil subs on any kind of amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us