What can i do to make my vehicle louder

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 61
I want to make the rear end of my explorer a better begining resonance point.

Any suggestions?

What would you do?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4071
Sound Deaden the rear end of the car with www.damplifier.com

better then dynamat and will cost you less.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1623
There is a difference between better and louder. If you want louder you need a combination of bracing and dampening. Now if you want better then dampening should be fine. Polo.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 69
use two coats on the back hatch, with a 1/8 thick hdf panel(you have to custom fit it and screw it in place so that the stock piece panel will fit back... worse case screw it in place too.) and 1 coat for the 4 doors... if u have a 2 or 4 door actually, use 3 coats on the roof as well! face the woofers and port to the rear but give the ports about 4.5-6 inches clearance from the back hatch. externally ur box should be between 4.5 and 6 cubes after all displacements. woofers use in a common chamber. ports should be (4) 4" aero ports regardless of box size... yeah it sounds weird but this works for this vehicle only!! (4.5-5.0 cubes for the 2 12's and 5-6 cubes for two 15's) this is for 95-98 explorer. box tuning is between 40hz for daily(boomy daily, but i like to tune to 35hz for daily) and 47hz for spl.) resonant frequency is 47 hz for the vehicle. for a reference the box seems small for 2 woofers but you'll see... :-) now get 4000+ watts in there and let her rip! (i suggest the i.a. amps INCRIMINATOR AUDIO.) also upgrade the alt! H/O alt. for every 1200 watts get 1 extra battery. 2000-3000 watts should get you to do 150-153db daily on a tl mic between 42-47hz. also try to add a bass eq in there (i don't recommend it but it allows for the amps to clip sooner with less volume.)<<< things to do for spl huh? in my opinion it's just stupid!! I love sub bass fidelity between 27-35hertz and ima stay there lol! good luck! (on a personal note i have the box design...) muah ha ha! (DIY ers rule!!)

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 62
Thanks for all the info.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 79
urr welcome! YI haaa!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums