Amp Problem!!!

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 121
Ok, I have a problem with my amp, Alpine mrd-m1005!! When I'm listening to the radio, it works just fine, but when I hit the source button to CD, the blue light turns off on the amp! What could be the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 587
I've seen this a lot..You probably have your remote wire hooked up the power antenna wire on your radio...so when the radio is off, the antenna is off, so no power(when cd is on, antenna is still of,btw). I hooked my remote wire to the fuse that runs the radio, then installed a toggle switch, so I could turn it off when I didnt want it. You could do that, or just make sure the remote wire is hooked up to something that comes on when you turn the key to the accessory postion.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 665
u have ur remote turn on wire hooked up to the power antena, u need to go behind your head unit and change that wire (the blue thin one giong to your amp) change it to the wire comming off ur head unit that is blue with a white stripe, usually ur manual/the actual wire will stay remt. turn on on the wire... hope that helps

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 666
u bet me to it lol...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 667
u beat me to it...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 122
Thanks guys, you two were both right!

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 594
Glad we could help. Thats a common problem though, if it had been more complicated I might not have been able to help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us