Clifford Matrix RSIII in a used truck I bought ...

Username: Cmoschip

Post Number: 4
I have a few questions - it sounds like there is a programming tool and/or software that accomplished much of the specifics. I'm fine with how the alarm is currently configured, except with the following questions:

- Adding an additional remote. I have the installation guide it looks self explanatory to walk through the programming of the remote - shouldn't be a problem or wipe out my existing one, correct? It can handle multiple remotes?

- I am interested in obtaining a "companion" remote - one withouth the 2-way functionality but will still arm/disarm/remote start. Hopefully it is cheaper and more durable and I can have a couple of extra. Can someone mpoint me to a link that would be a model that works with the RSIII?

- Valet switch. Sinec I bought this vehicle used, I have no information about the valet switch. If I lose the alarm remote or it becomes unusable, I should be able to start the vehicle by turning the ignition on and then pressing the remote from 1-5 times (whatever is programmed) How do I reprogram that number of times or what is the default?

- If I disconnect the battery in the truck (for replacement or service) will any alarm settings be lost? I have the sealed backup battery - my assumption is it works but I'm not sure. I want to knwo what I'm getting into when I replace the battery.

Thanks for any help - I appreciate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 22
any qs? should goto www.directed.com contact or download the install manual
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us