Fi SSD vs. JL 12w6v2

Silver Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 199
Ok so ive been reading up on all the Fi hype and was wondering how the SSD would hold up against the w6v2. Now before anyone starts.. i know the w6v2 is a pure sq sub.. what I wanted to know is the sq of the ssd compared to the jl. I love the sq of the w6v2.. its a very musical sub but im not 100% sure im able to get the deal i was once able to get on this sub. Can someone with some REAL EXPERIENCE with the ssd please share their thoughts here. For all of you fi jock riders that have never listened to their subs.. please feel free not to comment. Enclosure will be about 1.25cu ft max sealed, 12" woofer (probably a 10 for the ssd) with about 600w going to either. Its in the back of a hatch.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google, use it

Post Number: 6517
i had my answer all typed up, then i read further into your paragraph....

i haven't heard either subs mentioned, but i am not stupid...and i would take my advice over a lot of people here:-)

so i will stay out of this one.......

ps..NOBODY here has heard the SSD....good luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
I didnt call anyone stupid, but I hate when people comment on subs when they have no idea what they sound like. Ive seen enough people do it on here just because of a little hype. Id rather have no replies than posts with people posting on something they have no experience with.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1336
i though the w6v2 was a sql sub?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 972
^^it is logan like all sq subs are sql becasue its a sub it has to pound but like it just depends on the person and how they rate it like w6v6 is sq compared to re sx sql compared to kicker subs spl.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 44
hi i am bass monkey and i have LOTS of experience with different subs... fi ssd. TRUST ME! the downfall... i haven't heard it in a sealed, but ported WHOOO HOOO! the ssd delivers BIGG! i'd stick to a single 12"ssd with a 1000 watt d class amp. the boxes i had designed for the two diff subs the ssd takes the cake! if u like sq and REALLY LOUD, 1 12" FI "q" will make u buckle... it made me, i had to look at the back of me car to make sure there wasn't two twelves back there! n e ways good luck sub hunting! (BASS OUT, DROWN OUT, JUST SPANK DEM SUBS!!!)

Username: Whitewonder

Post Number: 9
I am also looking into getting a w6v2 as I am looking for a primarily SQ sub, but I also love a nice bump. The JL's are just so damn expensive, what would a next best for SQ also with some good bump?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 997
well word on the street whitewonder is the fi Q, id also check out SS rl-p and crystal compx2

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
I got to hear a diamond d6 a few weeks ago.. very accurate sub. The sound was similar to the w6v2 but it had more output. As far as sq went.. id give the slight nod to the w6v2. Its probably going to be my next sub but i decided to look around once more before i made my decision.
And reading for a second time i just noticed that the SSD is supposedly the "street beater" and the q is the sql sub of the line.. so you guys can forget my question about the SSD.
As far as the w6v2 being an sql sub.. personally I wouldnt call it that. I think it is purely sq oriented.. its a very accurate sub.

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 85
the mighty fi"q" is the answer!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2612
mo why do u want w6v2's again u should expand lol jk

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Ive never owned the w6v2 before. I have a hatch and i want something that sounds really clean + detailed but hits hard at the same time. Theres been alot of talk about different subs, mainly the diamond d6, OZ ME, arc audio flatline, Q, arsenal, alchemy rx, IDMAX & w6v2s. Out of these (and some others) ive been reading up trying to see which one would best suit my needs.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2615
oops sorry man there was is a mo on this site that had them once and was talking about getting them again i thought u were him sorry man but if you havent own them before i would say the fi's they will do just fine for you.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 310
man i just ordered my ssd's so when i get them ill def let you know

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6610
for the money, you can't beat the Fi Q in performance...and seal them for the most SQ(as with any sub)

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
how do they sound off lower powered setups... im thinking 1 cube sealed with 600 watts

Bronze Member
Username: Ajsmith9008

Post Number: 18
i'm thinkin about getting rid of my 2 12 l5s for a 12 fi q...where can u get a good deal on the fi q and do i need 2 or just 1?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6636
you will notice a BIG difference in output from 2 15" L5's...to 1 12" Q. lol

i would get 2 Q's...so you don't think it "sucks"....but i guarantee it will sound better:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
get a single 15" q and i'll give u one hellova ported box design... 4.5 cubes tuned to 28 hz... YIII HAAA! (it'll drop bottom!) are u an experienced box builder? (notoriously my boxes get HUGE so if the box is 4.5 cubes internally it is freakish externally! (like 6.2 cubes external volume!) if u have the room to spare, people will feel u in their basement! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
what vehicle is this so i can cahnge the plans... and or set up? ( im really busy with work so spare me time and patience for the design... ) <<< if u go nutty lol.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6640
my bad...i was thinking of the L7's...the 2 15" L5's will still be louder than 1 12" Q...but if oyu want more output....hell get a bigger sub, and if oyu can fit it, get 2:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us