World record

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 12
i heard that pioneer premier got the world record hitting sumthin like 186-188db is this correct?

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 563
180.5 i beleive and yes its pionner scott owens truck

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 398
That's with 50 amps and 15 subs.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 159
Which burnt down. Kharma is a b!tch.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 210
what? ^^^^ fill us in on the story lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6525
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

enlighten me Ren, as to his bad Karma influence. lol

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 162
Have "B" fill you in.

Wife/bed calleth.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6528
my....lonely bed calleth. LMAO!!!

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 717
"Pioneer Captures SPL Title at the 2006 IASCA IDBL World Finals
Veteran Competitors Scott Owens and Kyle Witherspoon Use Pioneer Subwoofers and Amplifiers to Capture SPL Championship
Long Beach, CA September 20, 2006

Using Pioneer Premier SPL subwoofers, amplifiers and headunits, sound pressure level (SPL) competitors Scott Owens and Kyle Witherspoon of the Edge Audio team add another world champion title to their belt with their win at the 2006 IASCA IDBL World Finals held this past weekend in Hampton, Georgia.

"This is a critical win for the Pioneer team and Edge Audio because this sets us up for the rest of the finals events in the upcoming weeks," said Owens. "The Pioneer subwoofers and amplifiers continue to amaze us, surviving everything we put them through. We're very optimistic about the rest of the season. Our goal is to continue to dominate the category as we did last year when we set the world record and became the first to break the 180 dB SPL barrier."

At this event, Owens' 2002 F-250 hit 180.3 dB to capture the first place trophy and set a new world record in the 2006 idBL Ultimate 3 division. Owens' vehicle competes with 13 Pioneer Premier TS-W5102SPL subwoofers powered by 52 PRS-D5000SPL amplifiers, 128 16-volt Kinetic batteries and three Ohio Generator 285-amp alternators producing more than 157,000 watts of power. In May at the Steel Valley Regional show held in Chester West Virginia, Owens hit the world record and took home the dB Drag trophy with a sound pressure level of 179.4 dB. At the same show, he also won the IASCA IDBL and MECA competitions with sound pressure levels of 179.5 dB and 180.3 dB respectively.

Witherspoon, who competes with a 2004 Scion xB, also captured the first place trophy and a world record in the Ultimate 1 division with an SPL score of 177.2 dB. In his vehicle, he uses two Pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL 15-inch subwoofers powered by eight PRS-D5000SPL amplifiers, 24 Kinetic batteries and three Ohio Generator 250-amp alternators, producing more than 24,000 watts of power. At the Texas Heatwave event held in July, Witherspoon earned the first place trophy with an SPL score of 174.6 dB.

"The Edge Audio team is extremely dedicated and loyal to the sport of SPL and we're proud to have them represent the Pioneer brand," said Larry Rougas, vice president of marketing and product planning for mobile entertainment at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. "They've proven, time and time again, Pioneer's engineering capability in building high quality products that can outperform any products in the industry."

Pioneer's Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier products."

It was 13 subs, and 52 amps @ 180.3dB

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9240
& 126 batteries + 52 amps !!!!!!!!!!

man that 2002 F-250 must weigh quite ALOT !!!........

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9241
& 128 batteries + 52 amps !!!!!!!!!!

man that 2002 F-250 must weigh quite ALOT !!!........

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 722
Just loud, though... absolutely no decent sound coming from that system :\

I mean, anybody can make a loud SPL system.. but it takes alot of fine tuning and system tweaking to create the perfect SQ system... Pioneer should focus more on SQ, maybe they'd boost sales on their amps/subs/speakers that way..

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 403
Everything pioneer makes is for SQ besides the newer SPL amps and SPL subs.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 723
Not exactly.. and to specify, what I meant is if they put more into the SQ of their equipment they would surely sell more of it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5991
i haven't heard a single pioneer sub with good sq. maybe decent but not good.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9289
I have better sq then any pioneer i have heard

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1980
well i think the piooners are better than dd's why u can see at termpro.com and see that the records or its piooner with 15 subs and 52 amps and dd have 17 or 19 subs and 63 amps and they can beat the piooners well i think theres a new spl chap piooner tsw-5000spl

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 724
I think Pioneer could do more the up the sound quality of their equipment, not head units.. but subs, amps and speakers.. even the REV series has that infamous "pioneer humm" at high volumes :\

If they ever up the SQ on their equipment, expect to see a full blown Pioneer Premier speaker system in my ride :-) ...until then, I'll stick with my Polk..

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 585
is there an article about the burning down?

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 136
he was smoking a ciggarette and left the cigarrete inside and it burned down:-(

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 148
damn that is a b*tch

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1521
thats why i chew

mmm mmm skoal mint

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1034
^^^^ mmmm peach skoal

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
lol i dont think thats how it burned down is it? lol

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3597
why did the pos & neg terminals get shorted?? by uncarefullness... I belive they were runing 2150 batts, and alot got fried...

not to mention his illegal "pressurized interior" to aid dB... which is illegal... nor to mention illegal body modds..
shhhhh

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 489
Hmmmm u sure that wasnt a blunt? i gotta cruise and smoke a B in a ride hitting at like 180DB just to make my a.ss choke haha.. what a moron tho.... did he set it on the seat? or not in the ashtray... mayb by the gas tank?

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
LOL
it wasnt the cigarrete story B just explained it in his post damn i need a blunt though....

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 203
IIRC, the normal trailor was not available. So another trailor was used. It lacked supension, or a good one, battery rack broke, shorting occurred????

I dunno. Never thought id have to remember.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 221
PICS.....took for-fukin-EVAR!! To find.

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId =8932

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1905
some douche bag tryed to tell me the world record was
240dbs
i laughed in his faced sed he is full of sh!t and
told him go look it up on google....
i hate how pppl think subwoofers can have the same dbs as a nuclear explosion
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts