OT: Table Saw

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 206
off topic but what kinda table saws do you guys have for making boxes? Or do you guys only use a skill saw? Theyre selling me a 10" table saw with stand for 50 bucks should i get it? is it gonna be good to cut make boxes? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 231
honestly....i wouldnt, you know how they have the bar that you can set a certain distance from the blade and just push your board through.well usually, unless theres a really large platform on it, you cant even set it out far enough to get the cut you need. so unless you put a line on the board and you got another person to help you, its alot easier to just use the circular saw.
just from my experience...i have a table saw and a circular saw and i use the circular saw. just put the MDF on saw horses and go to town :-)

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1309
what brand is it?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9236
well said man ^^^& i agree

i too own a 10" craftsman table saw & like he said its cutting surface is narrow like about 16" so i too hardly ever use it when box building .

best bet is a str8 edge held by spring clamps (i use a level -cant get more accurate than that -lol) & a reg circular circular saw ........

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
well i guess ill be buying a circular saw lol the table saw was a delta or something like that.

Bronze Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 100
I just saw this posted.

What kinda TS is it exactly?

And if's it's a 10" delta with a stand for $ 50.00, sh!t I'd buy it in NY minute depending on it condition and type.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
its a 10" delta table saw its like new the guy said he only used it 2 times for a project is this supposed to be top of the line or something? lol i dont know anything about tools... i dont think im gonna need it though since i cant cut large pieces in that.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 101
Who's the guy selling it and where ya located?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 160
delta is a good brand im like phil, id buy it in a heartbeat. u can easily double ur money. btw i have a 10in craftsman TS and thats what i use to build boxes but on the big pieces i use a skill saw.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 41
man o man... what ever is easiest for u. for me... i use the circular saw first, then when the pieces are ummmmm i guess decent i plop dem over the table and saw it. lol. honestly i have lots of experience for this kinda stuff... wanna hear somthing wild? I programmed my calculator to do these sub enclosure equations... YIIII HAAA i have jumbo fun doing everything from scratch! needless to say "DIYers RULE!"

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
im in AZ the guy selling it is my neighbor maybe i will buy it and double my money like justin said lol

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 43
now THAT will work! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us