NeeD HelP fast for subs to match vr1000d

Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 1
i have a crossfire vr1000d tested at 1330 watts rms at 1 ohm. i need help matching the amp to subs/sub prefer 12". i have a descent size trunk (2005 chevy malibu). i have no preference to brands. i am more into spl than sq but the sub cant sound like crap either. i heard you guys know your shyt. please help fast want to purchase asap.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9232
so i take it u want a brand that u can just walk to ur neighbourhood's audio store & pick something up like today & not wait to have anything shipped ?

u said 12" - 1 or 2 subs ? ........

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2607
budget ?

Post Number: 2
not that worried about budget but under 1000 would be nice. and i dont care if they are shipped i just want to pay for them asap before i change my mind or blow my money. yes i prefer 12's but i wanna know what yall think and it doesnt matter one or 2 whatever will sound the best with the amp. thanks

Post Number: 3
im compeiting with my wife she just hit 149.6 legal. and wont tell me what she has, but i have to beat her or ill never live it down-

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9234
competing with the wife's car eh - NICE !!!!

www.ficaraudio.com OR

www.audioque.com .....

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 22
wow ur married but she hides stuff from you... hmmmm. j/p. anyways save your money and go here ( www.ficaraudio.com ) Try the FI "Q" 12". "YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED" I have experience with those subs as well. "Remember prices are just a number..." these subs are VERY affordable and VERY loud and retain excellent sound quality, I know you will be impressed. just trying to save a bro from over inflated prices. ( this is strictly "my opinion" on prices out there, and I know a great deal of you know what I mean.) DIYers rule!! " The reason why god created car audio amps is so that "WE" can spank those "badboys"(<< referring to the many subs out there) all day long! lol "LONG LIVE THE BASS HEADS!!" whoop whoop!!

Post Number: 4
just one? more info on that sub? out hit 149?

Post Number: 5
can you wire 2 to get a 1 ohm load?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1303
if there dual 4ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hmmm it's possible but with lots a power. but I think u only have 1 amp yes? for a single sub it'll definitely deliver but there are lots of things that come into play here. for instance ur car's resonant freq. put a .707 sealed box alignment in there and use a sound meter most preferably a term lab. find the peak freq. then build the ported box tuned for that freq. clip ur amp u get bad energy and that causes the coils to get very hot quickly... have clean power then it should be capable of more power. here is an off the wall example... say u dynamat right? u have it EVERYWHERE! BUT this happened to me... i had 2 layers on my driver's side and 2 on the passengers side... i metered it and lo and behold! 181 db!! (<<don't jump me guys this' an example! LOL and is JUST a joke LOL, I WISH THOUGH!) anyways... I pulled one layer off the passengers' side and lo n behold i gained 2 dbz, moral of the story is that to get LOUD it is all hands on "try this, nope doesn't work... hmmm how bout this? heck man it's all trial an error. sucks but FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S FOR THE LOVE OF LOUD!!!! needless to say... "DIYers rule!!! whoop whoop! LOL

Post Number: 8
wat does DIYers mean?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 964
do it yourselfers^^

i dont think the q would be your best bet seeing as how they are more sq oriented (dont get me wrong im sure they will pound but i dbout 149db). with 1350rms or whatever and if you want to hit 149or whatever to beat the wify id look for an re sx 15 or maybe 2 12 si mag bms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Do It Yourself ers lol. thats the only way buddy... it's your taste and how u want it. good luck!

Post Number: 9
2 12 si mag bms? who makes them where can i buy them? wired to 1 ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
where can i buy i tuned enclosure who makes them... is anyone trying to sell a sub or subs in an enclosure that is tuned right and able to be wired to 1 ohm... i am really new to this so if im sot sayin somethin right im sorry but im tryin to learn.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
where can i buy i tuned enclosure who makes them... is anyone trying to sell a sub or subs in an enclosure that is tuned right and able to be wired to 1 ohm... i am really new to this so if im sot sayin somethin right im sorry but im tryin to learn.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 286
you will need a big box tuned very high... i mean very high... i would say go with an audioque HD3 or a fi BTL... Dj (audioque owner?) and scott (fi car audio owner) said both subs will get silly loud on 1300 rms. build a nice big box tuned very high and get a couple twelve of either one that would be around 1000

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 287
including wires and box of course

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
thank you to everyone that posted, after readin aslot of these post i went with a dd 3512 tuned to 40hz with the crossfire. it will be installed next week and metered ill post pictures and let you know what it hit then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us