Evaluate this

Anonymous

Alright, I'm finally out of school and have a better car now that I don't have to commute. I'm putting the system in a 1967 Mustang Fastback(layered with Dynamat Xtreme, of course), so there's lots of room to work with. I'm putting my system together piece by piece and ordering online, so I'd like you to evaluate it. I plan on making custom door panels and housing a DynAudio System 360 component system in them, with no rear fill, the components running off of a JL Audio 300/2. I want an Alpine Head Unit, the "Dead Head" , and for subs 2 Adire Audio Shivas running off a JL 1000/1, sealed box. Haven't heard the shivas, just good things about them, any opinions? I want sheer sound quality. Also, upgrade alternator to ~200 amp. I want a system that is great, you hardly ever see great systems in old cars, and I love this Mustang! I grew up on them.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2756
use 1/0AWG power cable
Look at Eclipse for a haed unit. While Alpine is good, I prefer Eclipse for a high end system.
Clarion's high end Pro Audio line is good as well, offering 24 bit DACs and 4v pre-outs

also look at Audiocontrol's EQL or EQTs for sound shaping, and their pre-amp for good signal control at the dash.
www.audiocontrol.com

Dyns are great. Shivas will do very well.
JL's amps are very nice.

Anonymous

Thanks Glasswolf, I was debating eclipse, just haven't heard anyone who has had one. Do you think a 67 Mustang fastback will sound good, dome effect and all (just curious, not getting rid of the car for anything)? I looked at Dynaudio vs. the Diamond hex series, S600 I think? I heard Dynaudio 3 ways were top notch. I was also debating between the Shiva and the Brahma, but the brahma just needs so much power and I don't think I need that much, is there a huge difference between them?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2762
the Brahma is ideal with about 500wRMS for a 12" in a good box to reach it's mechanical Xmax.

with the trunk in that car, if you want pure SQ and not SPL, go with an Aperiodic enclosure and a pair of ID subs. They offer pre-fabbed membrane kits for their subs. You just build the boxes to fit the car and go.
http://www.elitecaraudio.com/article.php?sid=18

Anonymous

Thanks for the link. Sounds awesome and I like ID's subs. The car has a trunk, but I'm making a custom sub enclosure, in which the subs will actually fire in the cab of the car, with the box part inside the trunk, basically the subs will be where the rear seat mounts when not folded down (I never have rear seat passengers.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us