Head unit shuts off at high volume????

Username: 3kgt

Post Number: 2
i have a sony chameleon head unit and 2x 12 inch theater reasearch subs i'm running it with a pioneer 760 watt amp... also my subs shut off at high volume now... but the stock speakers stay on... am i using the wrong gauge wire or something????

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5972
check your connections and your ground to make sure they are on there very tight.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 770
Had the same problem with a Sony HU, your stereo is going into a protect like mode to prevent overheating, is the player really hot when it goes off ? and to stop the problem do you turn it off for 10 minutes before it starts up again ?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google, use it

Post Number: 6474
do you run the HU with the volume wide open????

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1514
either you have a bad ground, speaker wires are pinched somewhere, or the harness in the back is loose.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1001
if you have that amp powering the subs it sounds like the amp is going into protect.. either or its starving for power and cuts off for a few seconds.. that amp should not do that but enlighten us with more info .. wire sizes ohm load for subs.. stable ohm load for amp ect

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google, use it

Post Number: 6491
i love it when somebody has a problem, but doesn't check their thread for like 5 months.....lmao

Username: 3kgt

Post Number: 4
i'm gonna have to get back to everyone on the specs of the amp and wires but i will try everything suggested anything to fix the problem... i just dropped some new subs in and it kinda fixed the problem but not completly...lemme enlighten everyone a lil more.... basicallly when i start to crank thevolume my subs shut off and stop bumping the amp remains on and the HU remains on also and the stock speakers... then to fix the problem i have to turn the volume down a couple of notches and then it will cut in and out for a couple of seconds and then stay on.... and it seems to do this less when i first start my car... the longer i drive it the lower i have to have the volume... kinda weird... never had this problem with these subs and my amp because i had it installed in my previous car with a dif HU.... so i'm thinking the problem is in there somewhere... but i will check all the connections and wires to see if i can see a problem hopefully its something easy like a loose ground wire....HOPEFULLY..... btw i wanna thank everyone for trying to help me with this...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us