Some advice is needed.....

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 254
Hey tell me how this stuff matches up and what i am missing and what not please.

I am going to buy a 6.5" woofer and a 5.25" component set for my fronts. now the rms on both is 45 and they are both 4ohm. well i am getting a profile amp to run them. the amp says the crossover freq. response is 40Hz-130Hz.....now is that just for the lowpass crossover or what???? also I will be running the 5.25's with the full pass mode and the 6.5's with the low pass seeing as how they are woofers essentially.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3115
first, why are you getting a 6.5 inch woofer and a 5.25 inch component set??

the profile amp will prob have a switch to change from HPF to LPF but won't have a band pass on it.

you'll have to use some Y splitters to split the froms RCA signal cables to get only front stage sounds from the source unit for the front speakers and woofers.

you will want to band pass the woofers, high pass them around 80-100Hz and low pass them around 500Hz. but since the amp can't go that high and you don't want the entire front stage low passed at 500Hz....its not gonna work.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 258
ok well im not going to have any rear speakers. so I just want really really nice sound up front and nice kick. thats why im getting this setup. would an ad-onn crossover network work or no???? and if not tell me what i should do.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 262
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-PAIR-3-WAY-PASSIVE-CROSSOVER-CAR-AUDIO-FREE-GIFT-3003_W0QQ itemZ270032301078QQihZ017QQcategoryZ50552QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270032301 078

this should do it right. i can get my 6.5 and my components on that and it will solve all my problems wont it????

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 267
plus i am gonna get a kicker amp now. the 200.2 which has a freq range of 20-20000hz and that way I can hook up my 6.5 my 5.25 and my tweeter which will then work like a charm....lol hopefully.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us