Wiring for an off brand dvd player

Username: Gammaman

Buffalo, MN USA

Post Number: 1
On this dvd player there is 4 wires on the harness, there labeled and colored as follows
Red Acc
Blk Ground
Yellow Batt
Blue Back

assuming the red 12v, yellow is constant, blk is ground but what is the blue wire labeled back?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 702
Probably the e-brake wire( most likely a ground ). What's the make and model of the stereo? Give me that and I'll tell you what the wire is for :-)

Buffalo, MN USA

Post Number: 2
its a TL7C01 made by TL. This thing is strait from hong kong but, i got a pretty good deal on it.
If you have any ideas i'd appreciate it, thanks

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 715
I'm almost positive that's the rear camera power wire.. it's what you would hook into your reverse lights to switch to rear view mode on the monitor when you're backing up, and of course have a rear view camera in place..

DMM(multimeter) if it's a ground wire then it's the ground for the ebrake (or anywhere as long as it doesnt require a bypass)... other than that it is most likely a rear view camera input.. I'd say your best shot is to figure out if it's + or -, hook up the rest of your deck and if + hook it into + and see what the deck does, if - then hook it into neg and see what the deck does :\

Buffalo, MN USA

Post Number: 3
I found the manual and its as follows
-Connect power ACC (red)to ignition switch.
-Connect Batt (yellow) to the circuit of accumulator.
-Connect backing running cable (blue) to back running switch or backing running lamp circuit(12v is valid)

It sounds like your right about the blue being the camera "power". Now with the manual saying to hook the acc (red) to the igniton switch, i should just be able to splice that into the radio power to have it on when ever i want, right? And the yellow is just the memory or the accumulator (what ever that is)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 747
Backing running cable... sounds like the power for a rear view camera. If you splice it to constant power your monitor will be stuck in rear-view camera mode constantly.. because it's meant to connect to the reverse light, so when you put the car in reverse it automatically switches the monitor to the rearview camera.

Buffalo, MN USA

Post Number: 8
ok, thanks for your help mick

Username: Chris_bryant

Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
i had a 2004 windstar that i crashed but i kept the dvd player from it. I want to set it up in my intrepid but have no idea on what pin outs are what on the player. Is there an aftermarket wiring loom i can purchase, or does anyone know how i could do it without one. It is a Delphi Delco electronics Entertainment dvd player and monitor. product code 5F2T10E947AA3BJA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us