No Audio with CDs DVD or TV on Jensen VM9511TS

Username: Dchap

Pittsford, New York USA

Post Number: 1
I am going nuts. I have installed many a car stereo in my day. I purchased a Jensen VM9511TS Multimedia receiver yesterday. The first one I bought had no sound when playing a DVD and the DVD picture was jerky so I took it back and exchanged it.

Hooked up the new one. DVD picture is fine. BUT I get no sound at all when trying to play a CD, DVD or the TV. The radio plays fine and sounds great!

The brown Mute wire is not connected to anything.

I can't believe I would need an external Amp just for the CD, DVD and TV. Have not tried an SD card yet..

Any ideas? Like I said, the radio is fine so it cannot be wiring.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2853
does the radio work if so the power antenna is hooked up instead instead of amp turn on wire.

Pittsford, New York USA

Post Number: 2
The radio works and the blue wire is hooked up to the power antenna - it works. I do not have an external amplifier and am not using the pre-amp outputs. The blue stripe amplifier power wire is not hooked up to anything.

Are you saying that this unit requires an external amp? Makes no sense. Thanks

Username: Mattyb777

Post Number: 7
Try hooking up the remote-on wire also. I believe I had to when hooking up my vm9510ts.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 698
bad unit, exchange it.

Pittsford, New York USA

Post Number: 3
I did a bit more research on my car. Apparently it has a factory Amp - Infinity Sound. It is a 2000 Sebring Conv. JXI..

So I switch the blue wires, removing the Power Antenna and moving it to the external amp feed and voila! Everything is working perfectly.

Thanks fo rall the comments.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 701
Weird.. I've had about 30 of those jensens come back with no audio on the dvd player, lol! You lucked out brother! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us